Car + Trunk + 18" Sub???

Black_Jesus
10+ year member

The Unexpected
im in the market for a car with a trunk capable of fitting a Resonant Engineering SX 18 in recommended specification ported box (6.5 cu ft @ 32hz) i want the woofer vertical, i dont want it on a slant to make it fit.

anyone know of a car with a trunk capable of this? id rather have something in the 90's rather than 60-80's doesnt matter if its domestic or not, gotta look decent though

try a honda....seems like everything is put on/in those...even if it is dumb.....whats makes a burban not be able to be stealth......id rather have that than a car.......find a impala ss or caprice.

other then a caprice, crown vic, or town car...ur kinda limiting urself..

my mother-in-law has a mk vIII(not for sell)..that might work for ya..

crx, if u want to build a cover....that would be ungodly fucking loud

astro van, maybe...

standard cab p/u with a pass thru

that's all my suggestions..

look here..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

i was looking at a couple chrysler LHS's (like 1994's) my grandfather has one and back when i saw it i remember it having a huge ass trunk.. not sure if its big enough to hold a 18 though. any of u guys got one around u to measure or know off hand?

a true car audio fan, searching for a car, that fits the sub he wants.. gotta love it!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

btw a 1988 Mecury Grand Marquis is a pimpin car...dont diss it ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if i absolutgely have to.. i guess i could have the sub slanted...

what i was going to go with was something like a 96 dodge intrepid, or like a 95-99 chevy lumina/monte carlo and such, still looking for other options.

which raises another question.. if i DO put it slanted would it be best to have it slanted upwards or slanted downwards, i imagine if it was slanted upwards the bass wouldnt be as good in the cabin?

your personal preference,

i wonder if an 18 can fit a dodge neon...

btw, my parents own a 04 dodge SX, you could fit an 18 in there no problem

the trunk in the newer neon (aka: sx) is bigger than the older neons

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.