Buying indash screen, suggestions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

HardHitter
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well, I just sold my Pioneer AVH-7480DVD 7" screen and now I'm looking to buy a new one. The main reason for selling my Pioneer is because it didn't have MP3 play back, which really kills me when I make CD's. Anyways, I'm looking to get a new screen however I have somethings I'd like to get this time, that I didn't get from my Pioneer screen.

MP3 Playback: very important to me, and is the main reason why I sold my old screen.

Touchscreen: doesn't need to be, but I really like this feature, makes things a lot easier to navigate.

Entertainment: this is another very big reason why I sold my Pioneer screen. There was no "eyecandy" to this deck. When I'd play a CD with VCD's of course it'd play the videos and that was fine, when I would listen to the radio, it had a very nice entertainment center that had things twisting and changing colors and I liked that. However, when you put in a regular CD in, it just goes to a regular plain blue screen, and up top, all it says in white text is Track 1 and then had the track time and that was it. Nothing going on in the background, just a plain blue screen and it was mostly pointless to have the screen open when listening to CD's that wern't VCD's. So my next deck, I want it to have a way to have some entertainment so when I do listen to CD's or MP3's, it'll have something to look at, not just a plain blue screen.

Sound Quality: I know this is hard to describe, but I'd like something to give a nice sound to my system and have some kind of EQ just like my Pioneer had. I'm sure the majority of the screens will have an EQ to them, so I don't think there is much to worry about here.

Everything is quite standard. 3 sets of 4V or more pre-outs for my components/sub amps. Fully motorized face, radio presets, etc etc. Also, my last deck had a "hideaway" or a "brain" which was a pain in the butt to find to mount, so if this deck you suggest doesn't need a hideaway, then thats another plus. I've heard that the newer screens don't need hideaways anymore.

Not looking to spend over $900-$950 on this, so go ahead and list some screens out there that'd fill these needs.

Current System:

Deck: Empty space

Speakers: Kicker Resolution RS6

Comp Amp: US Acoustic USX-2080

Subwoofer: JL Audio 12W7

Sub Amp: Better Audio 1600M1

I just came home from some local car audio stores and I wasn't really able to demo much however I really liked the Kenwood KVT-915DVD. Had the entertainment, had all the features, and was the totally package. Of course that comes with a price, so what are some others like the KVT-915DVD but not as expensive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.