Car subwoofer is working very ODD

Participant count
  • Participant list

chrislee012

so my subwoofer will work at low volumes, and when i crank it up the sub, after some time it turns off. it doesnt turn back on if i lower the volume. this is strange because ive had this same sub/amp combo for 3 years now with no problems. it doesnt go into protection mode, the light stays on green. any ideas whats wrong with the sub?.. greatly appreciated. thank you all so much

i have a Sony Xplode 1200 Watt. it was working pretty well on my drive home from work tonight, but i cautiously had the settings on pretty low, something i never had to do before.. Any idea whats causing this? Thanks everyone

sorry to ask such a newb question.. but what are the leads of a sub?
The silver "wire" between the cone and terminal as seen here. One of these is broke off from the terminal.

005-9.jpg

I checked the ground and it seemed ok. Some additional details that may be important, so when my amp turns on it makes an audible high pitched noise. After the sub turns off after a few seconds of use, the amp light is still on but the high pitched noise is gone... Thanks guys I'm new to this forum and you guys have been awesomme

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.