Car steero newb

Participant count
  • Participant list

avro206

Hey people---I am really new to this area of car modding. I'd appreciate any critique and feedback you can offer. Read fully and take a look at my purchases.

Been into cars all my life and had an aftermarket deck or two way back when. A set of 6X9s as well.

I am after a high quality sound, with some bass but nothing crazy. And not spending a fortune.

My ride: 1997 Mustang SVT Cobra. It has the Mach460 sound system. I think it's crap.

So on boxing day I picked up:

Kenwood 4/3/2 Channel Bridgeable Power Car Amplifier (KAC8406)

• 900 Watts Maximum Power

• Class AB

• 4 ohms 70W x 4 Ch.

• 2 ohms 100W x 2 Ch.

• Bridged: 4 ohms 200W x 2 Ch.

• Bridged: 150W x 1 Ch.

Some JL3650 C3 6.5" component with tweeter. These are going in the doors and the tweeters up where the mach460 tweets went.

Speaker Size (Car Speakers) 6.5" Woofers & 1" Tweeters

Speaker Type (Car Speakers) 2-way

Power Handling (Car Speakers) 75 Watts

Frequency Response (Car Speakers) 48 Hz - 25 kHz

Impedance (Car Speakers) 4 Ω

and a new head unit.

Pioneer 6.1" WVGA 2-DIN Touchscreen In-Dash Car Receiver With Bluetooth (AVHX2600BT)

I heard that a round speaker is the best for reproducing sounds. So that's why I picked the 6.5"--they are replacing 6X8 door speakers.

I have tried to read up on stuff and came across an arguement for NO rear speakers.

Just a sub. Or if you really want rear speakers---- mid bass drivers. For this year I will be happy with the what I have got but next year I might do a sub or those mid bass drivers. I don't know where to buy them though.

Should I keep this amp or should I go to this one?

Car Audio & Video | Visions Electronics

Any advantages to my small 900 watt amp? more power to the speakers?

For a sub this really appeals to me. I think it's packaged nicely.

Car Audio & Video | Visions Electronics

So will my current amp do what I want to down the road if I add a sub or mid bass drivers?

And is you have a link to mid bass drivers please link!

thanks!

Stop looking at max ratings. They mean nothing. You will get 70x4 only on optimal conditions. The problem with odd shaped speakers is many good brands don't make them so you are stuck with lower quality.

Most people I know use coaxial as rear fill and keep the rear level down. With a mustang you can definitely go with out. A small sub or high quality mid bass up front is a must imo. I would keep the amp to run your front stage and spend a couple hundred on a sub and wiring for sub amp

The problem with coax in the rear is the high frequencies are easily located. Also each speaker has its own charactoistics. With out a way to EQ them out the rear will sound different and kill the image. Why people say to put lower lines in the rear kills me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.