Car question nothing to do with car audio

Dan123196

Senior VIP Member
Boston ma
I know i shouldn't post on this forum this question but the other forum i posted on isnt as active as this one. U have a 2006 chevy cobalt and my passanger door won't lock but the black lock thing goes up and down but you can still open the door with it down does anyone know whats wrong or how to fix. It? Sorry that this doesn't have to do with car audio i just know theres a lot of car experts on here. Thank you

Sounds like his locking rods came off the mechanism itself. It's something you might not even notice with the door panels off if it fell off close enough to the lock.

Ok when you lock/unlock do you hear anything in that door? The lock trying to work?
I'm not at my car right now but I can get back to you on that at around 230 thank you a lot for trying to help me out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Sounds like his locking rods came off the mechanism itself. It's something you might not even notice with the door panels off if it fell off close enough to the lock.
So would I be able to fix it or buy parts or do i need to have a mechanic do it?

The locking rod is held in by a small plastic piece. It may have broke and the rod fell out of the spot it need to be in. At the lock it's self you'll need to pull the panel. And look inside the door where the lick is and see if that's the case otherwise the lock may be bad

I'm not at my car right now but I can get back to you on that at around 230 thank you a lot for trying to help me out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif 

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

So would I be able to fix it or buy parts or do i need to have a mechanic do it?
If it came off you should be able to fix it but it's pretty hard to do that on cobalts, it is possible tho

I agree with what your saying i dont really know much about door locks haha but i also think something is probably disconnected

If it came off you should be able to fix it but it's pretty hard to do that on cobalts, it is possible tho
What is hard about it? I haven't taken my panel off in months and i haven't bothered with the problem but i wanna fix it cause theres been a lot of car break ins in my town lately

Wait did this break without taking the door panel off?
I've had it happen before on a '99 Monte Carlo so it's possible. I think the piece just gets weak and snaps. I had an auto body shop do mine. After I spent a couple hours on it I got frustrated and thought I better take it someplace before I break my fucking window or something.

I've had it happen before on a '99 Monte Carlo so it's possible. I think the piece just gets weak and snaps. I had an auto body shop do mine. After I spent a couple hours on it I got frustrated and thought I better take it someplace before I break my fucking window or something.
How much did it cost you to get repaired?

Anything is possible, it's one or the other. The rod came off or lock needs replaced. If you hear it trying to lock then the rod came off if not you need a new lock

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.