Car Door Ate My RCAs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lennox

So I was taking stuff out of my car the other day and managed to snag my RCAs which weren't tucked well and pull them out unknowingly and slammed my car door on them. They are shorter so I've got 2 sets of RCAs connected together and this happened at the connection.

zB25gjOm.jpg

qmH4DrJm.jpg

so basically right from HU is completely broke off and cant use it. Blue connecting to amp is bent as hell. Subs are still working and both subs play so I assume what is happening is it is taking the left audio signal and sending it to both of my subs. My questions for you guys are:

1. Can you confirm that that is what is happening?

2. Is this bad for my subs if I play them like this for a week until I can get it taken care of?

Thanks

I used to have an RCA connection at my LC1 work loose, playing only one channel. It just won't be as load. Basically look at it like this... Say you have 2V Preouts, so now the amp is only receiving 1V of that. Just remember that and don't try to compensate on the volume knob, otherwise you'll clip them to death. Other than that you should be fine.

most music is recorded on one side, but some music uses both sides so in those tracks you will lose some signal. i dont think it'll cause any issues, just make sure not to short out the other RCA while it's unplugged.

most music is recorded on one side, but some music uses both sides so in those tracks you will lose some signal. i dont think it'll cause any issues, just make sure not to short out the other RCA while it's unplugged.
Most music is Stereo, at least in my experience with music. Regardless, the RCA's split it into a left and right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.