Factor Amp Fried

Motokid
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Posting for a friend, need some suggestions,

Friend of mine has a 2010 Civic, his factor amp blew, how, I have no idea. He took it to the dealer and they were going to charge him $600 to replace it. They told him they were going to use an aftermarket amp next to it and run 8 gauge wire to it instead of 4. No clue what they are even talking about, this is just what he said to me over text..

His HU works and everything but he does not get any sound or anything. It is a Stock HU. I would assume hes got an LOC somewhere since hes got a sub.

So by using the factory radio, with an aftermarket amp, and wiring it to the speakers, how exactly would you wire it, and how could it be done?

If it's too much bs hes just going to take it in and get it done.

last thing id do is take it into a dealer, thats seriously the worst place to get an amplifier of all things fixed lol.

if he has a LOC you might already be able to use that for the aftermarket amp, im not familiar with honda headunits but im sure it's similar to other factory hu's and has line outs you'd use.

you'd either use an aftermarket amp with a line in connection or use a LOC and just run the RCAs into the amp like normal. power and ground is normal of course. easiest thing is to get an aftermarket deck with 3 RCAs, life is much simpler then.

depending on what the factory amps ratings are and what he wants you could just get a small amp like this: http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-KTP-445U-4-channel-Power-Amplifier/dp/B003VVYL46

Yeah, unless it's covered under warranty, bad idea to take it to the dealer for anything, much less car stereo. I'd take it to a shop close to him, do some research first and see if they're reliable. It shouldn't cost anywhere near $600 for anything like this.

Posting for a friend, need some suggestions,
Friend of mine has a 2010 Civic, his factor amp blew, how, I have no idea. He took it to the dealer and they were going to charge him $600 to replace it. They told him they were going to use an aftermarket amp next to it and run 8 gauge wire to it instead of 4. No clue what they are even talking about, this is just what he said to me over text..

His HU works and everything but he does not get any sound or anything. It is a Stock HU. I would assume hes got an LOC somewhere since hes got a sub.

So by using the factory radio, with an aftermarket amp, and wiring it to the speakers, how exactly would you wire it, and how could it be done?

If it's too much bs hes just going to take it in and get it done.
EBAY EBAY EBAY.... REPLACEMENT CHEAPER... (plug in new amp)or just hardwire... speaker wires to amp 4ch... not hard by any means either route...

this it? 2010 Honda Pilot Radio Amplifier RH Kick Panel | eBay

good luck finding a 2010 in a junkyard lol i couldnt find anything for my 00 silverado. you must have better junk yards there..

good luck finding a 2010 in a junkyard lol i couldnt find anything for my 00 silverado. you must have better junk yards there..
great junk yards... they love to drink and smash crap up here... plus we get snow!!!!!! lol dang southerners... and their nice weather...

you can pull out parts from a 2015 up here from junk yards...lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Motokid

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Motokid
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date