Car Comparision: Audi S4 vs. Subaru WRX STi

What Car?

• Total voters
shop around for a decently priced e46 m3

IMG_0402.jpg

My dad's friend had an 02 S4. The climate control/radio unit went out 3 times in the year he owned it. He autoXed that car and it held its own against way more powerful/higher class cars. But those electrical issues forced him to get rid of it and he traded it for a 2003 Mustang GT (both he bought new). The climate control unit was $1200 a pop, yes covered under warranty but when the warranty runs out you're screwed. And the cars you are looking at most likely don't have a warranty.

If you want an AWD sport sedan and don't want to look like a boy-racer in the STi, look into a used Legacy GT or Spec B:

800px-08-Subaru-Legacy-SpecB.jpg

BTW, you realize all the cars you are looking at take premium fuel? They won't get drastically better mpg than your Gran Marquis and the extra fuel cost will offset the increased mileage. It is true though, even with a manual transmission, the Subies don't get great mileage considering their weight, engine size and gearing. Do you drive stick? The Mazdaspeed6 would be a nice choice too, but again mpg isn't that great and premium fuel. If you're looking for an AWD turbo car, basically don't expect much better gas mileage than your current car.

Im 20 so insurance would be through the roof, I live in IL so if i have to drive it in the snow Im sure the vette would **** ass.

Yeah, I can only wait.....

Yeah Im leaning towards the Audi, but I will look into that lexus snb778 mentioned earlier.

Um...have you checked the insurance on an STi or S4??

You need to do more research man. If you're looking for better mileage, lower insurance and good snow performance, there are a LOT better choices out there. It seems like you aren't sure what you are going for. You seem like you don't want to spend much on gas and insurance, but you're looking at premium/expensive to maintain cars that will have high insurance and not get much better mileage than your current car (especially after you mod them).

PWNT!!... hows it taste?
Well electric motors turn at a given RPM. Basically 100% torque @ any rpm. The small gas motors that work in conjunction with the electric motors of course turn some rpm's because again, its a piston powered motor.

I am not sure what your point is. My Geo doesn't have a tach? But really turns those rpm's @ 80 mph.

43_132.png

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif:drool://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif:drool://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif:drool: just sick looking

. My uncle has the s4. ****en love the car (v8) one. Its a pain in the ass he says to maintain but a killer car to have

BTW, you realize all the cars you are looking at take premium fuel? They won't get drastically better mpg than your Gran Marquis and the extra fuel cost will offset the increased mileage. It is true though, even with a manual transmission, the Subies don't get great mileage considering their weight, engine size and gearing. Do you drive stick? The Mazdaspeed6 would be a nice choice too, but again mpg isn't that great and premium fuel. If you're looking for an AWD turbo car, basically don't expect much better gas mileage than your current car.

Um...have you checked the insurance on an STi or S4??

You need to do more research man. If you're looking for better mileage, lower insurance and good snow performance, there are a LOT better choices out there. It seems like you aren't sure what you are going for. You seem like you don't want to spend much on gas and insurance, but you're looking at premium/expensive to maintain cars that will have high insurance and not get much better mileage than your current car (especially after you mod them).
Audi's don't require premium fuel. It is only suggested for better performance. If he is in a bind, he can use regular for the time being.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...