car battery

can i run a regular car battery in the trunk for my amp?? im runnin a kicker zx300.1.. wound it be safe to do?
Um, probably not the best idea in the world. As others have said, if it tips it'll leak and then you'll have a problem. If you are gonna run a secondary battery, go dry cell, either an optima yellow top, stinger (I have the Stinger SPV44 as my secondary.), or an increasingly popular Kinetiks battery. But as silvercookie said, with that small of amp you probably wouldn't really need a secondary battery. I'd make sure to do the Big 3 and then go from there.

building a box would be mounting it and you cant seal a battery its either sealed or not (optima makes sealed batterys) but like silver said ur amp doesnt really need that just upgrade ur front battery

i would up grade it but dont have the money to... my father in law gave me a new battery im puttin up front and i was dgonna use the other one in the trunk so i wouldnt have to drill through the firewall

if you want another battery get a small agm one like a kinetik hc 600. they are small, dont leak, dont corrode, and you can mount it anyway you want. they also are good for supporting up to 600 watts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.