Car audio.

Participant count
  • Participant list

davidgray

CarAudio.com Newbie
India
I've gone to some stores residential property in mumbai looking to buy flats for sale in mumbai a new system for my car and suraj palette there are just so many things I didn't know existed. There are 2 way speakers, 3-way, 4-way, even 5- way. There are one channel best retirement homes in india amps or multi channel amps. What would you need paired with what in order to get good sound? I want to add a sub, what would I get to go with that? How does everything go connected?

Last edited:
2 way's have a woofer and a tweeter. SOME 3 ways have a Woofer/Mid/Tweeter. Beyond that it's just extra tweeters and marketing Voodoo because people w/o much car audio experience assume more is better -- but it's not like that at all. Especially with speakers.

There are a few truths in car audio that can help you wade through the BS.
1) Cheap brands lie. Bad.
2) Max/peak power ratings are meaningless. Ignore them.
3) RMS power ratings are the important ones, but also keep #1 in mind.
4) You get what you pay for.
5) Less is often more. (ie -- a good pair of speakers, a good sub/box, adequate power almost always works better than 4+ speakers 3+ subs multiple amps etc)

Nobody can really tell you what sounds good because good sound is subjective. They can tell you what's popular, or what works for them.
The best way to figure out what you like is go out to a shop or two and listen to as much stuff as you can.

All those 3-4-5 way coaxial speakers are ********.
I know what you're saying, but a LOT of good companies make quality 3-ways.

What I want to know is why THESE got discontinued !!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.