Car audio noob with '89 cherokee

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey, I just bought a '89 cherokee with an AM radio and 2 front door speakers. All I could pick up is some hispanic station, so i decided to upgrade.

This is all the stuff I've ordered (recommendation from a friend)

Dual XDM6820 AM/FM/CD/mp3 receiver

Power Acoustik Gothic 520watt

Memphis Audio subs (no idea what they are, i got it and the amp for free)

(pic 1 pic 2)

Blaupunkt PCxb352

Blaupunkt PCxb693 (boxed)

Now, this is going to be my first attempt to ever install anything car audio wise and I have a few questions, if you guys help me, you'll be awesome.

I know the speakers arent the best, but I just want something that sounds better than what I had.

Question :

The amp doesnt have any of the wires, could I get one of those amp kits? Would that be all I need for the wiring (for the amp) etc? also, if thats what I need, could I get a 600 watt kit? or does it have to be a 520 watt?

I have a ton more questions, but i cant think of any right now. As soon as it comes back I'll post.

Thanks in advance!

i have the install kit for u to hook up your cd player.. ill take 10 shipped for it

and also some door speakers that i bought for mine , there boss audio and brand new, ill take 25 shipped for em .. let me know if theres anything u need for it i have 2 of them here

its just a wire kit u need in order to hook your cd player up to the stock wires. u hook the wires from your cd player into the wires from the kit..just matchin the colors of wires together and then it hooks straight into the outputs of your jeep stock radio.

Ok, noob speaker question:

How are speakers measured, is it the speaker itself, or does it include the metal casing?

the speaker in the jeep itself is 3.5 inch, but the outer metal casing is 5 1/4"

well u could go to wallmart and get a pretty cheap kit.
yea and it'll match your pretty cheap dual head unit! you should change your thread title to "'89 cherokee with car audio noob" that would be funny!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Thanks jman, and pitbull thanks for everything. Are those boss speakers any good really? Also, is it smart to hook up to the cd player to the factory cable? since its so old and stuff, should i rewire the whole thing?

And noob with an rs, give me a break.

The only reason i got the dual cd player is because it has a ipod jack in it, and i'm not an effing millionaire, i work a part time job and goto college so i barely make any money.

Anyways, thanks again everybody.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.