Car audio newbie help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

PLfan

I have a 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser (which i love) and last year some kicker speakers were installed into the driver seat and passenger seat. They sound pretty good but recently the other 4 stock speakers in the car are completely blown out so i use the sound control on the gps to move the sound all the way to the front so the kicker speakers are only playing sound. The kicker speakers were 100 dollars (my brother bought them) and i can already tell the one on the passenger site is making a "fuzzy" noise. I really enjoy listening to music and i am willing to get some good speakers for the whole car. Also, i am completely unaware of the options and if speakers with higer watts can hold higher volume.( i have no clue haha) any help would be greatly appreciated!

You shouldn't be blowing speakers on head unit power alone more than likely the Land Cruiser has a Factory amp in the vehicle somewhere there is a great possibility is it going bad. As far as the comment can speakers of higher watt handle higher volumes . Speakers of higher wattage can produce higher volume but a distorted signal to them like headunit power can damage them. Your not gonna safely get any more volume unless you increase the amount of wattage going to the speakers like adding a good for channel amp or putting a better radio in.

Is the GPS a factory GPS

You shouldn't be blowing speakers on head unit power alone more than likely the Land Cruiser has a Factory amp in the vehicle somewhere there is a great possibility is it going bad. As far as the comment can speakers of higher watt handle higher volumes . Speakers of higher wattage can produce higher volume but a distorted signal to them like headunit power can damage them. Your not gonna safely get any more volume unless you increase the amount of wattage going to the speakers like adding a good for channel amp or putting a better radio in.
Is the GPS a factory GPS
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention this but yes, the gps is a factory gps, and the navigation will not work at all anymore, except for the sound control which is bass, mid, etc. and other functions. It would be very expensive to have a radio installed into the car which is dissapointing.

Yeah factory gps' cost a fortane The best thing you could do at this point in time would be to get a New Radio even it's just a Radio. you can find a New Pioneer AVH series screen for a lil over 200 new if you want a screen no Nav but any radio is gonna produce better sound than a older factory radio

Yeah factory gps' cost a fortane The best thing you could do at this point in time would be to get a New Radio even it's just a Radio. you can find a New Pioneer AVH series screen for a lil over 200 new if you want a screen no Nav but any radio is gonna produce better sound than a older factory radio

I always wanted to get a radio. Last time i was at audio express the guy there said it woul be hard to rewire everything because of the gps. The problem is that the gps has all the AC fan controls on it. BUt what your saying is that if i completely have my gps removed i can just install a radio? that would be a real possibility. (the navigation doesnt even work on the gps)

Isnt GPS and nav the same thing? How is Nav not working but GPS is? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Whats your budget for speakers?

Isnt GPS and nav the same thing? How is Nav not working but GPS is? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Whats your budget for speakers?
Sorry, yeah gps and nav are the same. Its the original navigation system built in. Every one in a while i will start my car and the gps will turn on for sometimes 10 seconds and then it will say something like "cannot read disc". All controls but the navigation works on it. Im not really sure what my budget on speakers really is right now but i will be willing to spend a lot on it once i get the money. The front two speakers are some kickers that were like 100 bucks. I will deff spend more than that this time. I feel like my main priority at this point is to get a radio installed but according to audio express and best buy it would cost a **** ton unless i get a harness.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.