Car Audio is a buyers market..

gstokes

FÜKENGRUVEN
When i finally decided to push the button and replace the sound system in my 22 yr old my van i could not believe how low the prices are/were, what i considered high quality components was bought at rock bottom prices, i guess when manufacturers are liquidating their old stock to replace with new stock the prices on what was the latest and greatest drops quite a bit..

Or, maybe because there is so much jap crap on the market they have to lower prices just to get noticed, either way it's a buyers market for the car audio fanatic !

You must be old if you think Japanese make low quality electronics. They've been high end since the late 80's. Today Korea is taking their place there and the "junk" is made in China and Vietnam.

You must be old if you think Japanese make low quality electronics. They've been high end since the late 80's. Today Korea is taking their place there and the "junk" is made in China and Vietnam.
Yes exactly, my zenon made amp is one of the best amps I have ever owned and it's made in korea.

I have not heard a nakamichi that sounds like crap yet....
buy a new one, amps and subs are like under a 100 bucks... NAKAMCHI is chinese crap now!!! just you dont make the same mistake i did!! lol i remember when you couldnt even touch nakamichi... theres a whole thread about nakamchi... if you want the link hit me up...

MTX isn't top dog anymore. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
was it ever? lol they did have the line of amps though solid black with the chrome oval thunder1000d, beastlyest mtx line ever... subs only 9500 worth looking at! lol

was it ever? lol they did have the line of amps though solid black with the chrome oval thunder1000d, beastlyest mtx line ever... subs only 9500 worth looking at! lol
Haha, yeah man. I love hearing my dad talk about when 'back in the day' Alpine seemed to be the gear to have. Now, whether or not that's totally true, who cares; I just listen for the stories. Old school stuff is way cool.

Haha, yeah man. I love hearing my dad talk about when 'back in the day' Alpine seemed to be the gear to have. Now, whether or not that's totally true, who cares; I just listen for the stories. Old school stuff is way cool.
back in my day kicker was the thing to have i remember when the first black and gold solo came out in the clear plexi enclosure... it was like 250-300w and the baddest thing on the market... alpine used to rule hu, hifonics was the amp to have... i had a set of kicker comp vrs on a mtx thunder 250d, it was loud.. and its crazy cuz now it seems like you need a 1000w amp and subs to achieve that now...

back in my day kicker was the thing to have i remember when the first black and gold solo came out in the clear plexi enclosure... it was like 250-300w and the baddest thing on the market... alpine used to rule hu, hifonics was the amp to have... i had a set of kicker comp vrs on a mtx thunder 250d, it was loud.. and its crazy cuz now it seems like you need a 1000w amp and subs to achieve that now...
So, are subs becoming less efficient (at the compromise of louder capabilities), or are people just running way more power than they have to?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.