Car Audio in MO

WulfComp
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
KC, MO
I know this is for reviews, but I was wondering what everyone looks for in a audio shop. I've had my store open for a year, and am now starting to expand to car audio more. I'm just curious what you guys like to see that makes you want to come back, and bring your friends. Is it the brands that are carried, the look of the store, the amount of product instock, or is it mostly the service, and knowledge of the people working there? Thanks

definatly the knoledge, and also the willingness to teach...i no that sounds dumb, more 99% of all audio shops will install your **** and tell u to get out...but to actually form a relationship with the customer and NOT MAKE THE FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT is the key for me...i really prefer the smaller shops to the bigger ones...what is you shop called?

Good, I am more than willing to teach, I belive very strongly in an educated consumer. I want my customers to know that there is more to know than just watts and magnet size. The shop is called Wulf Computers its in Grain Valley about 25 miles east of KC off of I-70. It is mainly a computer store, or has been for the past year, but now I would say its about 55% computers, 40% car audio, and 5% other electronics(camcorders, big screen TV's ect.) The computer part is great because it keeps the shop alive during the winter when the audio tends to slow alittle. Plus I do carputers so its kind of a merging of both.

Service is the number one thing for me. Knowlege is good. I have been doing this for a long time and I feel that I am pretty knowlegible. Someone willing to teach these young kids about what they are buying. Product is pretty important. Have a shop that is not full of the Me too's ie JL, Rockford, Kicker. Yes you need some of those but, having other products would be helpful. I may need to talk to you late next month about your products becasue I may be repping some high end companies.

sounds like uve got a preety good little shop going...as far as the brands to carry ect...from what i can tell, there are VERY FEW if any shops in the KC area who cary anything but alpine, kicker, JL...ect...really try and bring the brands like Arc, AA, RE (if u must) into the picture, because even tho they can be considered "high end" every company has an entrey level woofer...good luck with the shop, ill most likely be stopping by in a few weeks and introducing myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

that would be good, I'd be interested in meeting both of you. As far as brands, thats exactly what I want to do. I want the brands that no one else carries. I'm going to look into Rainbow and Arc pretty soon, but I just got an order from Oxygen audio, meet up with them at USACI world finals, not bad so far, still have some other products I would like to try out. And for those wal-mart like shoppers, I have powerbass. I feel its not a bad option for high schoolers first system. Then they have so much more to look forward to.

Good, I am more than willing to teach, I belive very strongly in an educated consumer. I want my customers to know that there is more to know than just watts and magnet size. The shop is called Wulf Computers its in Grain Valley about 25 miles east of KC off of I-70. It is mainly a computer store, or has been for the past year, but now I would say its about 55% computers, 40% car audio, and 5% other electronics(camcorders, big screen TV's ect.) The computer part is great because it keeps the shop alive during the winter when the audio tends to slow alittle. Plus I do carputers so its kind of a merging of both.
where you located at? at the lake of the ozarks and need a weedend job. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif :veryhapp: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

that would be good, I'd be interested in meeting both of you. As far as brands, thats exactly what I want to do. I want the brands that no one else carries. I'm going to look into Rainbow and Arc pretty soon, but I just got an order from Oxygen audio, meet up with them at USACI world finals, not bad so far, still have some other products I would like to try out. And for those wal-mart like shoppers, I have powerbass. I feel its not a bad option for high schoolers first system. Then they have so much more to look forward to.
good luck getting rainbow...but ANYWAY lol...what are u planning to do about boxes...because i no that ALOT of in-experienced car audio HS-lers...are looking to walk into a store, pay 300 bux and walk about with the bass boomin in there ride...(aka, just to buy a prefab box)...how are you going to prevent this? are u going to sell prefab? or no?

I was thinking about having one to two boxes ready to go, either pre-fab, or pre-made by us, for those impossibly impatient people, who need everything now. But it will always be my recommendation to go with something specific for that sub, the car, and the system. Or do you have another option to this question??

In no particular order companies I will try to have stock of most of the time:

DLS, Powerbass, Pioneer, JVC, RE audio, Oxygen Audio

Companies still in the process of becoming a dealer that I would carry stock of:

Rainbow, Sundown audio

Some of the other companies I can order from:

Kenwood, Diamond Audio, Soundstream, US amps, Sound Storm

If you want business, try to hold some type of event like a USAC Single point comp, but you would need a TL an know how to use it, or just a simple sound off event, thats what they do locally and they seem to work out great, Im about 45 minutes from you and I would be willing to help you plan/set somthing up if interested.

I am definitely interested. I would just like to get my shop a little more organized on the audio side before I start to draw too many people in. Right now I'm being hit pretty hard on the computer and web design side of things. I've been trying to get my demos all set up while still trying to keep costs down. But all in all everything is coming along. I certainly wouldn't mind if you stopped by to lend some information or thoughts of how things are going. I always like a perspective from someone on the outside. So thank you for the offer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...