Car audio for dummies

JCCherokee

CarAudio.com Newbie
Does anyone have any good books or resources that can offer an intro into car audio. Particularly the electrical side. I’m interested in getting into the hobby and want to learn the right way instead of trial and error. More interested in Subwoofer performance (I like to Bump). But also want to learn how pair suitable mids and highs so that it’s not just a stupid loud sub crappy audio otherwise. Hope that makes sense.

TIA

Does anyone have any good books or resources that can offer an intro into car audio. Particularly the electrical side. I’m interested in getting into the hobby and want to learn the right way instead of trial and error. More interested in Subwoofer performance (I like to Bump). But also want to learn how pair suitable mids and highs so that it’s not just a stupid loud sub crappy audio otherwise. Hope that makes sense.

TIA
I've found Crutchfield to be a useful tool. They have quite a few pages covering FAQ's
As long as your not running an absurd amount of power on your subs, most decent speakers on their own amp will keep up. If you have any specific questions don't be afraid to ask, just be prepared for someone on this forum to say stupid things at one point or another. Take everything with a grain of salt, a lot of "rules" aren't set in stone and vary based on application. Research brands before you buy. A ton of brands are big fat liars. That doesn't mean you have to stick to kicker jl and rockford but If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

I've found Crutchfield to be a useful tool. They have quite a few pages covering FAQ's
As long as your not running an absurd amount of power on your subs, most decent speakers on their own amp will keep up. If you have any specific questions don't be afraid to ask, just be prepared for someone on this forum to say stupid things at one point or another. Take everything with a grain of salt, a lot of "rules" aren't set in stone and vary based on application. Research brands before you buy. A ton of brands are big fat liars. That doesn't mean you have to stick to kicker jl and rockford but If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
I slightly disagree about "too good to be true" depending on when someone discovered car audio.

To elaborate. If you look at a boss or planet audio amp and it says 4000 watts rms and it's only $100... don't fall for it.
I get your point, but I'm saying most amps sound too good to be true compared to a decade ago. The first amp I bought new was a RF T5002.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...