03 Silverado Ext Cab Subs & Amp Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

CharliesTheMan
Premium Member

Premium Member
It's been a while since I built a system, used to do a lot of installs. I'm trying to find a nice set of subs (probably 10s), amp and an enclosure that will fit under the rear seat of my kid's 2003 Silverado Extended cab. I've been reading threads for days, but I really need to start ordering some parts so I can have them at Christmas or soon after. I'm not trying to do hair tricks or break the bank, but want him to have some decent bass for his music.

He's currently running a stock HO alternator with an XS Power D3400 battery, JBL GTO609C components in the front doors and Infinity Kappa 4629CFP two-way plate speakers 4x6. Head unit is a Kenwood with 4 volt outputs.

Can anyone recommend a good set of subs & amp to run in a sealed box under the rear seat? I've considered the Sundown Audio SLD series since they're fairly shallow and SA, but I'm open to any recommendations.

Also, I'd love to find a CNC pre-cut box that I could glue and screw, if anyone has any recommendations there. Otherwise, he might get a pre-built box, and he and I will build a nice box down the road.

It's been a while since I built a system, used to do a lot of installs. I'm trying to find a nice set of subs (probably 10s), amp and an enclosure that will fit under the rear seat of my kid's 2003 Silverado Extended cab. I've been reading threads for days, but I really need to start ordering some parts so I can have them at Christmas or soon after. I'm not trying to do hair tricks or break the bank, but want him to have some decent bass for his music.

He's currently running a stock HO alternator with an XS Power D3400 battery, JBL GTO609C components in the front doors and Infinity Kappa 4629CFP two-way plate speakers 4x6. Head unit is a Kenwood with 4 volt outputs.

Can anyone recommend a good set of subs & amp to run in a sealed box under the rear seat? I've considered the Sundown Audio SLD series since they're fairly shallow and SA, but I'm open to any recommendations.

Also, I'd love to find a CNC pre-cut box that I could glue and screw, if anyone has any recommendations there. Otherwise, he might get a pre-built box, and he and I will build a nice box down the road.
sound off audio has some pretty cool boxes. 4 8s would be sweet. the other box can fit 12's 6.5 deep and 10's 7 deep i think.

with 7 deep theres some subs that'll fit that arent shallow. for example the sa classic 10" is only 6 inch mounting depth. not sure if they work well sealed though.

What's your budget? I wouldn't expect to get anything by christmas. but you'll want to pick woofers before you pick an amp.

Attachments

• 8's.PNG
    8's.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 10's.PNG
    10's.PNG
    40.5 KB · Views: 32
sound off audio has some pretty cool boxes. 4 8s would be sweet. the other box can fit 12's 6.5 deep and 10's 7 deep i think.

with 7 deep theres some subs that'll fit that arent shallow. for example the sa classic 10" is only 6 inch mounting depth. not sure if they work well sealed though.

What's your budget? I wouldn't expect to get anything by christmas. but you'll want to pick woofers before you pick an amp.

Yeah I'm not hung up on having it for Christmas, but I'd like to at least have some things purchased so I can wrap up a card with pictures in it or something. I'm trying to keep it under $1000. I love the idea of 4 8's but I'm worried about the budget getting out of hand.

I got a pair of Dayton HO 12" subs sitting here in the boxes I'd be willing to let go of if interested.

They work in very small enclosures and would be a good canidate for this type of setup.

Yeah I'm not hung up on having it for Christmas, but I'd like to at least have some things purchased so I can wrap up a card with pictures in it or something. I'm trying to keep it under $1000. I love the idea of 4 8's but I'm worried about the budget getting out of hand.
$89 a piece
Ampere Audio-2.0 RVE 8" 300w RMS Subwoofer

and an amp for $179
S1-1250 Monoblock Amplifier

box for $350

Under $1000 :) Barely

The 12's mentioned should work well too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...