Car Audio Explanation

I checked out sonicelectronix.com and put this setup together. Let me know if this will work
Receiver-Dual XDMR7710

Speakers-Boss D57.2

Speaker Amp-Boss CX350

Sub Amp-Pioneer Premier GM-D7400M

Sub-Kicker Solo-Baric L7 Series 08S8L72

total= about $500

facepalm.jpg

buy that audioque package in the classifieds for 500

you can buy a good pioneer Head unit for around 150 installed. go ahead and buy a 4gauge amp kit so that you can run any amps upto about 1200 watts, buy yourself an amp and sub from this forums classifieds and try to get a sub that will handle the power. youre going to probably ask us about impedances next.. soo.. if your amp does a certain amount of power at 1ohm, youll need a sub that can be wired to 1ohm. if it does rated power at 2ohms, youll need a sub that can be wired to 2 ohms.

for 1 ohm, you will need a dual 2ohm subwoofer and for a 2 ohm load, you will need a dual 4ohm sub. you can get a 12" Type R for about 100-120 bucks in good shape and they will give you plenty of bass for starting. it sounds like we are all type R nuthuggers but buying used is a good deal. then you will want an amp that does about 1000 watts. the hifonix bxi1200d would be alright or a kicker zx1000.1 (better), or alpine 1000.1(also better), and others also. stay away from dual, sony, boss, nitro, pyramid, pyle, phoenix digital, visonik, and any of those very cheap brands. they will **** and they will **** badly.

edit: buy the kicker KS series speakers from hifisoundconnection.com because they are like half off and some of the best speakers i have heard amplified and off of head unit power.

Try this out.

Head Unit...Kenwood KDC-X693 $164.99

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18545_Kenwood+eXcelon+KDC-X693.html

Speakers Polk Audio DB6501 #129.99

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9109_Polk+Audio+db6501+6-1-2-+2-way+Component+System.html

Speaker Amp. Rockford Fosgate P-300.2 $189.99

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16058_Rockford+Fosgate+P300-2.html

Sub Woofer Cerwin Vega V-max 12.2 $129.99

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12859_Cerwin-Vega+V-Max122.html

Sub Amp Alpine MRP M500 $199.99

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12018_Alpine+MRP-M500.html

All of that comes out to be $814.95. Get a box made and wiring and your around a $1000.00 budget.

I found this H/U and speakers for about $200
H/U-Kenwood KDC-MP342U

Speakers-Kenwood eXcelon KFC-X1710

pass or fail?
Better, but I'd get some better speakers. For cheaper good stuff, I'd get the phoenix gold 6.5" component set, it's about $70 shipped. Very nice for the price. Along with one of the same amplifiers I'd mentioned earlier. You can't skimp out on the speakers - they produce most of the sound.

I'd spend at least $200 total on them. The Phoenix Gold speakers + a cheaper good HU + an amplifier will run you around $350. Alpine Type R is $100, off sonicelectronix. Hifonics amplifier will run you another $150. Throw $50 into supplies, and it'll be significantly better than other base systems.

And Polk Audio have never sounded good imo @ above. Same with cerwin vega. And the alpine amplifier isn't cheap.

Well, I guess to each his own. that Alpine amp is maybe $40.00 more than the hifonics but is more than twice as good, the polk audio speakers are some of the cleanest, best sounding comps out their, maybe not the cheapers ones but Polk audio is great stuff. Also I will place my money on that Cerwin-Vega V-Max beating the Alpine Type-R any day in a sealed box. But like i said we all have our own thoughts on the stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

BTW...do you really think those sony X-plod sound good ?

Note.......I posted on what I would buy with $1000.00 dollars but if you want to use the Hifonics Amp there is nothing wrong with it, I use one myself but it is $90.00 more than that alpine Amp. If your going to need the watts go hifonics for sure. For the Watts VS the Money you can't beat Hifonics.

That Kenwood Head Unit is the best for the price BAR NONE

Pold Audio Speakers rule at any price really.

IMO Cerwin Vega V-max beat Alpine type-R in sealed all day long.

That MB Quart 4-Channel amp is super good, but that Rockford is what I would buy if I did it all again.

I'm not making comments about my own system, because I built the entire setup for under a $100. I have heard quite a few others though.

I listened to the Cerwin Vega subs in a local shop at one point, and wasn't very impressed. They would probably do well against a Type R sealed, but I think an R would win out ported no questions asked. I haven't seen a lot of good stuff from Cerwin Vega, though the older stuff they had is great, I have a pair of older coaxials that I used which sound very nice with everything considered.

Polk Audio, I'll admit my experience is lacking with them, but I haven't heard great reviews of them from some that I know, that are using them.

Kenwood HU, I'm an alpine fan myself, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with kenwood, either. That's just user preference. Both are great options.

The alpine amplifier, well, I'm less impressed with their amps, not that they aren't good, but they weren't outstanding to me. I don't think it's worth the price to step it up. I'd go with a Diamond Audio amp, perhaps, or an Arc Audio, if I wanted some quality.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6856/FD-2200--ARC-Audio-2-Channel-370-Watt-Amplifier.htm

But hey, this is all opinions, so I'll stop cluttering his thread and go off elsewhere.

Before you hook anything up, make sure you lick both terminals of your battery at the same time. It loosens the battery up so it gives more current. Or you can lick your fingers then touch both terminals. Whatever you prefer.
STFU TROLL and don't do these unless you want to be shock.

ok, well im gonna get that Kenwood H/U. Found some Polk Audio DB651's with a Hifonics TXi 4408. Total is about $370. again, pass or fail?
Passes, much better than before.

I still don't like the polk, but I'll let that guys recommendation go on >.>

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.