Car Audio Explanation

I listened to the Cerwin Vega subs in a local shop at one point, and wasn't very impressed.
Unless you heard them in a car, rather than in the actual store as you seem to be saying, that audition was completely tainted. Not that Im a huge CV fan these days, just saying.

OK well it was my understanding he was going sealed, and if so I still stand by that Cerwin Vega Vmax but if your going ported I would pass on it.

You will love that Kenwood Headunit it is very nice for the price, another member on here talked me into getting it and I am glad he did.

Also their is a big sale on CDT Comps at woofers ECT I would get a pair of those for sure, they start around $99 and up, good comps.

good

http://www.woofersetc.com/p5207/CLS60A--CDT-Audio-Classic-65"-2Way-Component-Speakers.htm

Unless you heard them in a car, rather than in the actual store as you seem to be saying, that audition was completely tainted. Not that Im a huge CV fan these days, just saying.
It was in the store, but it was a custom box built to spec. It didn't sound clean by any means. It's true that you might not hear that from a sub in the trunk, and it may sound cleaner, but still. It's a good point though. Of course, it was also in contrast to some of the upper end diamond audio off of an old school phoenix gold (I'm not sure of the model #, but it had a complete board made from freaking gold connections and a clear cover), so it may be biased from the contrast. :p I wanted that amp though.

It was in the store, but it was a custom box built to spec. It didn't sound clean by any means. It's true that you might not hear that from a sub in the trunk, and it may sound cleaner, but still. It's a good point though. Of course, it was also in contrast to some of the upper end diamond audio off of an old school phoenix gold (I'm not sure of the model #, but it had a complete board made from freaking gold connections and a clear cover), so it may be biased from the contrast. :p I wanted that amp though.
I wasn't referring to the enclosure being less than ideal at the store, I was talking about the environment. An enclosure built 'to spec' means it was designed/specced with the intentions of mating to the transfer function of a small passenger compartment of a vehicle, not a (relatively) large showroom floor in a store. Frequency response will vary quite a bit just from this alteration in the environment the system operates in, and not in a good way.

Just something to keep in mind when auditioning speakers at a store. This includes comp sets, not just subs.

Cheers.

I wasn't referring to the enclosure being less than ideal at the store, I was talking about the environment. An enclosure built 'to spec' means it was designed/specced with the intentions of mating to the transfer function of a small passenger compartment of a vehicle, not a (relatively) large showroom floor in a store. Frequency response will vary quite a bit just from this alteration in the environment the system operates in, and not in a good way.
Just something to keep in mind when auditioning speakers at a store. This includes comp sets, not just subs.

Cheers.
Definitely, I'll take that under advisement, and keep that in mind the next time I'm checking out comps/subs ^^

Be glad you came here and didn't try to get info from your friends. I've seen countless systems full of sony and pyramid trash.

I've owned polk speakers before and thought they were great, but that was 5 years ago. I have no clue these days. Stick to any brand touted on this forum and you will be blown away if you have never listened to aftermarket speakers before.

CDT CL-61s, IDs, and PG RSD65cs are the budget-midrange comps that most people run. I personally run the PGs but haven't given them enough listening time to recommend them or not yet. Initial impressions are good though.

Remember to set aside 50-100 dollars for sound deadening and materials.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.