Car Audio during Virus Pandemic and after.

Participant count
  • Participant list
For discussion.

What do you think of the Car Audio industry during this virus pandemic and what do you think will end up after its some what over?? Many companies have had to shut down and layoff employee's. Many industries and company's may not survive and just go out of business. If millions of people are out of work and can't afford to buy those new car audio equipment then brands will have to shut down or close.
There has to be some brands that are struggling right now and may have to close there door. I think it is sad. When in past years the car audio business and lot of equipment was US made and that has changed. US made car audio was the best back then and the world new it. Look what we found out that a lot of are medication was made in China and they threaten to cut us off last month. I don't think that car audio is a national security issue and i don't think a lot of brands will open up a US manufacture facility any time soon. But i think there is other countries that may and can make the equipment that are more friendly to the US. The S. Korea amps i hear are good or better then the China stuff. I just see this car audio industry a changing possibly after this virus pandemic over. What do you all think??

Steph

I think alot is going to change the way we purchase inhouse/ locally as it has changed in the past 15 years or more. The internet buying and selling will deff. Increase. Yet, you still going have those that can not or will not install themselves or even attempt. That portion of this industry/ hobby will always remain

I wouldn’t be upset if I didn’t see another I just got a skar sub/amp thread but the unethical practicing companies tend to survive at least till they get into some sorta legal trouble.
Unless there’s another out break later on and they force another shut down I think most if not all will survive in the car audio world.
Seems like most states will be open by the end of the month. It’s the mom and pop businesses (sit down restaurants for example)that are taking the biggest hits (which *****) not so much car audio I wouldn’t think but yeah I think places like amazon and Walmart will continue to grow and the little guys continue to fold. Seems to be the way the powers that be want it.

Yes I tend to agree with you. The sad thing is many times the unethical ones survive and the good ones sometimes go away. (Ya I read that Skar post) And the big players like AZ and Walmart and others survive and the mom and pop honest car audio shops and brands go away. Take someone like Boss Audio. They sell everywhere and anywhere seams like it and they survive and the honest company that only sells to authorized shops go away. I hope not it will come to this. With so many out of work right now, I don't think car audio is a big seller. Take my job for instant. I work for a company that does merchandising for a major Pharmacy chain stores. We do remodels and new store setups and more. All are projects have been put on hold since march and they put us in local stores to help out to keep us working. We may not get back to projects till June. But i have lost much pay and don't make as much as i do in working projects. Even the unemployment right now is up to $600 week i hear, and that is more then what i make working the local stores. ***** when you can make more $ then if you were working. I was going to purchase 2 new amps i have been looking at but now it has all been put on hold. No purchase for me now. A big local audio shop near me has been closed now for some time. I have seen no action when I drive by and it looks closed. I will have to see if it reopens soon.

let us all know what you think

Last edited:
You people would **** bricks if Walmart ceased to exist.
I would not **** bricks. I have not shopped at Walmart for oh, i can't remember when. Been very long time. Today in this age you can find most everything you need on internet and don't have to shop at walmart. I refuse to shop there. I understand clearly what they did in late 80's to early 90's and forced US companies to set up shop in China and US lost millions of jobs and manufacturing. I can remember when the commercials used to come on TV and they said they have made in USA items but, the old man father founder died and then the new people took over and that is that. China here we come. How walmart use to set up shop in rural or small towns and force mom and pop's out of business. Just wrong. I hope that major companies will wake up after this virus pandemic and clearly understand what China is and has done and move the companies back to US or even to other Asia countries that are friends with US. Recent pole on news found a major part of US population has or is starting to have a negative feeling of China. Time to wake up. Maybe we here on Car Audio should start purchasing made in S Korea amps and pressure Car Audio companies to move out of China to other countries maybe S Korea. Idea. I even saw a report recently on business news that even county of Vietnam was growing to have a big manufacturing base from companies moving out of China. And i know Vietnam is much friendlier today to US then China. They hate China for what they are doing in the South China Sea. I will see next time i want to purchase a car audio product that it is not made in China. I may have to sacrifice but find car audio products made elsewhere. I know my Pioneer component speakers TS-Z65CH are NOT made in China.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.