car audio career

I'm thinking about going into sales at the local Tweeter stores here in Houston, TX. I really do like car audio, but sales seems more enjoyable to me. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my foot in the door at a place like Tweeter?

hey man im in the same boat, some installer get paid crap, some get paid decent, ive heard ranges from 9'$(lowest) to 25$(highest) like its been said depends were you work but usually youre gona float around 10-12. Is this gona support youre family NO, should you give up colloge for this NO, Is this a GREAT job while youre going to school and college ABSOLUTLY(if you know what youre doing) would you make more money if you owned a shop and did installs rather them going to shchool YES. So plain and simple if you wanna work for yorue self go for it if you want to make money work for as long as you can, save up open a shop and now EVERYTHING.

Yeah good luck going to college and being a car audio installer full time.

what im doing rite now, is starting a little business on the side with my friend. What we do for people is I research the equipment and junk, buy it, design the box, and my friend most of the installation and grunt work. All proceeds go to us //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif designing business cards too!

edit: as we do more and more installs, our logo will be recognized (Because we putting a little logo on each of our installs

it all depends on how big your name gets... look at the people on TV. WCC and unique autosports. i bet those guys are making big money, not only from TV but because everyone knows who they are. someone at best buy might be just as good, but won't be getting anywhere near the same salary.

hey man im in the same boat, some installer get paid crap, some get paid decent, ive heard ranges from 9'$(lowest) to 25$(highest) like its been said depends were you work but usually youre gona float around 10-12. Is this gona support youre family NO, should you give up colloge for this NO, Is this a GREAT job while youre going to school and college ABSOLUTLY(if you know what youre doing) would you make more money if you owned a shop and did installs rather them going to shchool YES. So plain and simple if you wanna work for yorue self go for it if you want to make money work for as long as you can, save up open a shop and now EVERYTHING.

I agree with 36mafia and anyways if u want to become an installer u have to move to california because any where in the country u get paid crap and down here most shops run off commision so if they make money so do u

I'd also suggest designing a website to spread the word as well as show off some of your best custom install jobs. Also advertise on the site the deals you'd be running for that week or month. Or hire someone to process all of your online orders while you do the custom installations.

As previously said, look into getting an associates at the local technical college in Electronic Engineering, and if you're planning on going big, also get a business degree and EE degree, both undergrad. In the case the car audio career fails you'll probably be able to find a job as an electronics expert at any business anywhere that has computers.

^^^ sure as hell wasent me, anyways to the guy that said good luck installing full time im going to communicty college and i ususually do all my work in like half a day, im sure its gona get harder but im sure with ONE day off ill be straight. And if youre a smart guy and like the school stuff DEFINENTLY go for that EE or physics degree. Honestly if i wasent so agaisnt school i would have done it.

im EE and the stuff im learning so far has always pertained to car audio in some way. just learned how to build basic filters and crossovers. recommend the EE if you think you can handle it. hope you like math.

I'm looking to get in to Car Audio one day and right now I sell audio equipment (I have a reseller permit and all that). I have my site and business cards so people can see what I offer. I'm also going to put flyers around the local high schools. I do some installs but I don't do it alot. I'm hooking up a few friend's friends with some sweet installs so they can spread the word. I'm currently in college (hoping to major in Business or Business Information Systems) and I want to maybe open a shop (part time?) in the summer with some friends.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.