car amp buying questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

complexmark

uk
Hi,

i have just brought a sub and need some advice about which amplifier to buy

ive read lots of articles on the web and just want some points clarifying

at the moment the only upgrade im making is a sub (+new stereo)

the sub ive brought is Sony XS-GTX121LC which is 12inch sub with 1000watts peak power and 300watts rms

however i think at some point my speakers will have to be upgraded so i want to buy a amp that will run these as well as the sub (saving me the hassle of looking for a another amp)

q1) so how many channels do i need? from reading info on the web it seems 2 channel amps can be bridged together to run a sub so im guessing this wont do

q2) so will a 4 channel amp do the trick? - can 2 of these channels be bridged to run the sub and the remaining 2 be used to run the left and right speakers? and will it run both front and back speakers?

q3) or will a 4 channel amp run the sub plus front left and right speakers only? if i do upgrade the speakers ill probably just upgrade the front ones, so can i use the 4 channel one to do the sub plus front left and right? in this case how will the back speakers be powered? - from the stereo?

q4) on multi channel amps can you set some channels with low pass filters (for sub) and high pass filters (for speakers)

q5) will i need to change the alternator / battery in my car? i have a 1.4L golf mk4 2003

q6) the amps im looking at are: Sony XM-GTX6040/ Sony XM-GTX6041 - will either of these do the trick?

Ok if you just run the sub. Then one amp. A mono block will be best. If you want to power the door speakers then a 4 channel or a 5 channel to run the whole system as far as an upgraded alt. that will depend on your power. With that sub and some speakers to match prolly not

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.