Capacitors, their NOT what some people claim..

I realize one or the other is needed to reinforce line voltage so if i had to choose between placing a capacitor next to the amplifier or placing a battery next to the amplifier, i would choose the one that draws the least amount of current..

Good to know we all go around listening to 0db sine waves all the time.. Music has more dynamics than you guys are realizing, even bass heavy stuff has very short bursts where the bass stops or reduces in amplitude and unlike batteries caps charge fast as ****, fast enough to keep up with the dynamics of a song assuming your not ridiculously overdrawing current. We aren't talking about trying to run a 10kw system off a stock alt and some cap banks. However, if your electrical is more or less proper for what your trying to run caps CAN be better than batteries.

You guys can post articles from 1996 talking about a very different level of caps and a different level of product all you want. SPL guys have been using maxwell supercaps for years now, both in daily driven vehicles and in pure burp cars.. They work well in both applications and do things that batteries simply won't in keeping up voltage.. Plus caps DO last longer than batteries and have more stable performance.

You can add as many batteries to a system as you want, until you drop voltage below the charge point of the battery most of the capacity of the battery can't even be utilized, it's still essentially just the alt doing all the work for you.. Caps charge when your don't need the extra capacity and give the power back when you do. That's much more in line with how power should be utlized for a car audio system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gstokes

FÜKENGRUVEN
gstokes
Beaverton, Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from