capacitor

run the fused power wire from your batt to the pos terminal on the cap and then from the pos term to the positvie on your amp and then ground the cap and run the ground to the amp, actually ground it first but you get the picture

first off, when you buy a cap you have to charge it before you put it in, it comes with a little resistor that you hook to the teriminal of the cap then your power wire to charge it slowly. When you remove it you put the resistor across both terminals to discharge it, if you don't charge the cap and just install it and play your system, you will destroy your amps and possibly other electronics in your car because of arcing.

actually the resistor or light bulb that comes with the cap is so that it will charge quickly if you are only charging one cap it will only at a matter of seconds for it to full charge, when i charged my four caps at once it took less then a min

when i go to charge it do i have to have the car on?? how do i hook the ground to the cap?? someone help please, if you have aol or aol instant messenger please instant message me at Coldpark13 thanks

i would suggest starting the car just bc you are ******* power from the battery to charge the cap, and to ground it you do it just like you would ground an amp hook up the - on the cap to a good ground on the body of the car

to wire it, should i cut the ground cable so that on part of it runs to the top of the cap, and the other part runs from the top of the cap to the amp. The power cable just runs to the top of the cap and no where else? If i hook the power cable to the cap then i wont have to run it to the amp? just run the ground to the amp is that right ive been trying to figure it out for a while

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.