Capacitor recommendation for Bass blocking my JBL GX328 ????

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rexuar

CarAudio.com Newbie
Taiwan
Hello,
I've tried to do the math myself for the Bass blocking the JBL GX328 3.5 speakers. I am using these 3.5s on the dash and don't want bass to come out of them at all.
But JBL only provides Nominal impedance, instead of the actual DC resistance value.
also don't know where to find the value of Fs (resonant frequency), doesn't look like JBL provides it.

The Nominal impedance for the GX328 is 2.3ohms only.
Critchfield's suggest a cut off Hertz at 600hz
If I simply follow the charts, for a 2 ohm speaker, it suggest a capacitor value of 132.5 Mf capacitor.
On Ebay or local electronics stores (im in Taiwan), I simply can't find 133 Mf capacitors size capacitors period.
Am I missing something?

Being in Taiwan, I unfortunately couldn't just get a pair of bass blockers off amazon. I don't mind building the bass blocker myself or just buying them off ebay and having them shipped over. But so far, I'm pretty lost.

Can anyone give suggestions?
Much thanks

See which capacitors are available in your local market and if there is a value that is close it should do your intended job of protecting your speakers. If you want to be precise you will have to use more than 1 capacitor. Capacitors work the opposite of resistors so parallel will be the sum of the values and series will be the reciprocal of the sum of the reciprocals.

600hz is very high if you're not running them as dedicated midrange, but capacitors should be only a couple dollars so not like this will cost you a lot if you need to change the frequency after testing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...