Capacitor Questions

only thing i know between different capacitors is......

....lets take a 1 farad cap from phoenix gold and a 1 farad cap from an unknown brand wgich seems quite cheap......

....the cap from phoenix gold wont deteriorate over time as much, i.e. it will still hold a charge of 1 farad two years down the line, where as a 1 farad cap from unknown brand X may go down to holding a charge of maybe 0.8 to 0.9 farad, over the same period of time.

rockford, soundsteam, fusion, audiobahn - loads of firms do caps. all the aforementioned are quite reputeable too - its really up to you who you would want to go with.......................

Originally posted by jtmoney only thing i know between different capacitors is......

....lets take a 1 farad cap from phoenix gold and a 1 farad cap from an unknown brand wgich seems quite cheap......

....the cap from phoenix gold wont deteriorate over time as much, i.e. it will still hold a charge of 1 farad two years down the line, where as a 1 farad cap from unknown brand X may go down to holding a charge of maybe 0.8 to 0.9 farad, over the same period of time.

rockford, soundsteam, fusion, audiobahn - loads of firms do caps. all the aforementioned are quite reputeable too - its really up to you who you would want to go with.......................
In a nutshell, thats pretty much all there is to it.

Corsica- Lightnings Parent Company is Rockford Fosgate. They just purchased Lightning about 2 years ago. Another interesting fact you may want to know too, as of last year , RF also owns MB Quart......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

take it easy,

-zane

I'll be ****ed. I learned RF owned Light. Audio tonyte after i made that post, when i called RF and got a machine telling me all they owned.

DO you repair amps Zane? I have 2 old skool RF apms that need work or else i need work tips.

a bk. and silver punch 150a2 with 2 burn marks on tha circuit board

a silver punch 75.2 with no visible signs of damage.

Both amps will not power up and tha b&s amp has tha burn marks on 2/8 of its parts ont ha sides (4 per side). DO you know how eay RF amps fix or hot to? i wanna do this my slef so i knwo how to do this but some assistance would be nice.

Jordan

A cap can discharge about 100watts for about a second.

A decent battery can discharge 5000+++ watts of power for 30 seconds, or more.

Bigger battery, and close to the amps is whats needed, none of this capacitor bull***t.

Birmingham - thats Great Britain isnt it??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Been there.

In England u best going for someone called Lucas - v.cheap and v.good results, otherwise an optima will do although some poeple have had problems with them. If u really wanna show off, go for Stinger, but quite why ud want a gell battery defeats the object when u loo @the price, especially the price u people have to pay.

oh and have a look @ a site called http://www.talkaudio.co.uk - its for English people like u, but be careful of a guy called DaVitch - can be quite venemous when he is up against who knows what they are talking about..............................especially someone from the states where most of the best audio names come from - DD, RE, JL, RF, Shocker, MMATS, Memphis, MTX - need I say more.........

Originally posted by budgetSQ If i'm not having any power issues (dimming lights etc.) would a cap make a difference?

flat out, yes or no please
most likely yes....they will make the strain on your charging system much less....good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.