cap in boat with battery switch

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bleve

I have a 1.5 farad cap that I was thinking about installing in my boat. After I got thinking about it I was wondering if that is possible since I have a Perko switch that turns the batteries off when the boat is idle. I know you have to charge the cap first so I was wondering how long the cap holds the power that it's storing. I'm assuming it's not possible but I was hoping to get some expert opinions first. I do not want to keep the amps under power when I'm not using the boat.

I wouldn't do it. If the cap drains and you throw the isolator, it'll act like a dead short until the cap is charged. Sell the cap and buy a battery //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.