07 is250 Lexus, tapping into the stock amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

megalex22

Newbie here, so be kind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm pretty decent with basic installations but this one is just a little out of my league. Just need a little guidance and I'll be alright. So I've got an '07 is250 and I would like to tap into the stock amp so I can hook up my after market amp and sub. I do not want to use an LOC, just not an option. I've got a Kicker 10DX1000.1 along with 2 12 inch subs. What I was told was possible was to tap into the stock amp, I've got some RCA to speaker wires from JL to go from stock amp to aftermarket amp.

Basically what I need to know is 1) that this set up is possible and 2)Which wires on the stock amp I need to tap into to run my aftermarket amp and subs

I have the color guide for the amp wires and its says that:

subwoofer + = brown

subwoofer - = light green

subwoofer + = pink

subwoofer - = blue

Would I Just take the 4 colors that go into the subwoofer and splice those to the pos and neg RCA lines to the amp? Help! Thanks!

I am pretty new to this to but i just put a amp and subs in my 06 trailblazer with a factory bose amp i just used a loc and put it right at the factory amp. On mine my amp was at the back so it worked out. Like i said i am new to this also, but everyone i talked to told me i had to use loc . Why do u not want to use one?????

If your totally against the LOC, and you are using a factory HU, then you probably going to have to use the high level input from the amp you bought... I seriously doubt the factory was nice enough to put RCA outs on that factory amp

I'm against using the LOC cause you lose sound quality. I know theres a way to tap into the stock sub, I'm just confused as to how exactly that process needs to bed done. The amp has the high level input which I plan to use...its just a matter of what type of lines I need to use coming from the stock sub.

You will need a high level to low lever converter if you want to tap the factory amp.

Or just use the high level input on your amp if it has one. Just splice or better, use tap connectors and

run some speaker wire from the splice/tap to your hi lever input on the amp.

You could also pull the back seat(VERY easy), the 2 side c pillar trim panels, and then the rear deck cover and you will have access to the sub it self.

I will be doing the very same this Thursday in a 2011 IS250.

If your totally against the LOC, and you are using a factory HU, then you probably going to have to use the high level input from the amp you bought... I seriously doubt the factory was nice enough to put RCA outs on that factory amp
No, the factory amps do not have RCA's.

The factory amp puts out about 100watts to the sub. So you will need something that can handle at least that for an input.

You do not want to eff up that amp as they are $$$ to replace.(If you do, let me know as I can get you one)

Thanks for the info! While I don't have a high level to low level converter, I've go a speaker wire to RCA adapter...am I correct in assuming they're the same thing? I've got it from JL audio...literally speaker wire thats to be spliced connected to RCA jacks. And are the lines that i'm tapping into the four sub lines that I talked about in the original post?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.