Cant seem to figure this out

Name'sDEEZ

CarAudio.com Regular
Earth
I finished the installation on this jetta but heres the scenario

1 head unit 3 rca outputs 2 for speakers 1 for woofer. When i connect sub to amp it cuts out (only the sub not the amp) unless i remove either L or R rca. Why is that?

1 head unit 3 rca outputs 2 for speakers 1 for woofer. When i connect sub to amp it cuts out (only the sub not the amp) unless i remove either L or R rca. Why is that?
I have never heard of a single RCA output off the radio. Usually it is L&R, even if it is a sub channel. Check the sub's impedance; it may be too low and sending amp into protect.

Cuts out how? Just stops playing? I would run a test tone, like 60 hz or something, and compare both L/R RCA AC voltages.

Cutting out by adding an RCA is going to maybe be a short, or like said above, the extra power added could cause another issue to pop up, with the amp probably trying to output more power.

I’d really check to make sure your RCA’s are functioning properly, first.

What Brand and model is the sub? What OHM load did you wire too? What amplifier are you using for that sub?? More information needed here to try to understand the equipment being used and configurations to rule out issues involved.

Cuts out how? Just stops playing? I would run a test tone, like 60 hz or something, and compare both L/R RCA AC voltages.

Cutting out by adding an RCA is going to maybe be a short, or like said above, the extra power added could cause another issue to pop up, with the amp probably trying to output more power.

I’d really check to make sure your RCA’s are functioning properly, first.
Cuts out like the sub doesnt play no more. But i never considered the load capabilities of the HU for now i made it work with a stereo to mono rca wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...