Can't get the voltage for gain

cloud_171
10+ year member

New York
I am currently in the process of installing my nine.2 with the UR6s. At the moment the sub and the other amp are disconnected. I have am using a 1kHz test tone through the AUX input and have volume at 80%. I unhook both speakers and insert my multimeter into one of the channels.

The voltage is less than 7V at max gain and the desired voltage is 20V. The nine.2 is rated at 100W RMS per channel. When I turn the car off I do notice the output voltage of the channel spike up to about 20V and starts to go down. Is that normal?

The same thing happen to my ZRS amp and I just had it sent for RMA so might not have been a faulty amp after all? or did I kill two amps somehow? What else could be causing this?

Are you sure the multimeter is reading A/C, not D/C?
positive, I also checked the voltage of an outlet to make sure my multimeter was giving me accurate numbers. Also the head unit is suppose to give 4V outputs, could I just take a multimeter to the headunit and test that?

you say you hooked it up through the aux in... did you tuen the volume up on both the hu and the external device? that's gotten me before.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hitbybrick.gif.68a672fae224041f00769a97c2c1bf2d.gif

If you can't get a proper voltage, just hook the speakers up and tune by ear ... If you're still not getting much volume at all, you probably have bad pre-outs on your head unit ...
Hmm..would it not reaching the voltage mean the amp can't do the rated power?

Also the ground is on a seat belt bolt so should be fine...I think. Also I made sure I had the volume maxed out on my laptop along with winamp. Also I did not see any input selector.

Well I just received the results on my Cadence RMA and seems that the power supply was blown up. Would this be a result of a user error or something? Since the same symptoms seem to be showing up on the nine.2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.