Can't get sound from speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Phantom67

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and need help. I just turned 50 and I haven't done anything with car audio installation since I was in my 20s. I recently decided to install a new radio and speakers in my 1993 Ford Ranger. I bought a Kenwood KDC-230U Radio/CD player and 4 Kicker 6x8 speakers. I have everything hooked up but I get no sound from the speakers. I decided to use the existing speaker wiring and bought an aftermarket wiring harness to make hookup easier. I've considered the possibility that I may need to reroute new speaker wiring and forego the harnesses altogether. The radio comes on and seems to work properly and I get no error messages on the display. Three wires on the radio that I did not hook up are the brown mute control wire, the blue/white power control/antenna control wire, and the light blue/yellow steering remote control wire. Would any of these 3 wires that are not hooked up be part of the problem? If so, where do they hook up to? Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.