Can you run a sealed and ported sub setup? and/or can you run two different sub sizes in the same setup?

Upstate607

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have two different questions here. First off, can you have a sealed and ported sub setup? Now I see people have asked this before but Im wondering if say you make two enclosures, one sealed, and one ported and then mount them side by side, if that would work out well or not?

Second, if that isnt a good idea, then would you be able to run two different sub sizes (say a 8" and a 12") and then have a eq so that the lows go to the 12" and the highs go to the 8"? And again could these be mounted in the same box and if not, could they be run side to side in seperate enclosures?

I'm only asking because I'm trying to find the best of both worlds. I'd like to have very punchy, fast, responsive bass, but yet I'd like to be able to hit the low notes.

A properly designed and built ported box can do those things no problem. My 8 12" ported wall will play metal with double bass pedal no problem and play to 24hz as well.

First off, can you have a sealed and ported sub setup? N
What you are describing here is known as a bandpass enclosure. The sub is mounted in a sealed box with the opposite end firing into a ported box
Screenshot_20201112-193704.png

Alot of users love the loud boominess while others opine that it is mostly a one note wonder. Meaning that it plays a small band of the spectrum very loud while lacking on the rest. I would personally advise using a sealed enclosure. You would be surprised how low it can go, and uses less space.

Get rid of The Affordable Care Act. I'll give you that one. The rest, you can eat a dick.
Not just the ACA, they plan on going back to the Paris climate accord. So fuel will go up just like in the Obama era, $5 a gallon. Probably will strike a nuclear deal with Iran and close the embassy in Jerusalem just as a big ole fugk you to Isreal. Fugging up all the progress done by Trump, just out of spite.
Oh well. We'll see if the **** hits the fan and sprays us all.

Not just the ACA, they plan on going back to the Paris climate accord. So fuel will go up just like in the Obama era, $5 a gallon. Probably will strike a nuclear deal with Iran and close the embassy in Jerusalem just as a big ole fugk you to Isreal. Fugging up all the progress done by Trump, just out of spite.
Oh well. We'll see if the **** hits the fan and sprays us all.
First off f*ck Isreal. Wtf is wrong with u people? Everyone should be wanting nuke deals, if not then you are a f*cking moron. I can't even with that five dollar gas ****, no way you are THAT dumb.

. I can't even with that five dollar gas ****, no way you are THAT dumb.
I don't understand the first half of this sentence. The second yes. When you promise in an accord to lower your global emmissions, you must use less pollutants. The most common pollutant is transportation. So you stop renewing drilling permits, which in turn lowers the supply of crude oil and raises the demand. Low supply and high demand causes high prices. High prices lead to less cruising by most people, which in turn means less pollution.
The trucking industry will also have to pass on the diesel prices to consumers to be able to stay afloat. So product prices may rise as a result of this climate accord.

I don't understand the first half of this sentence. The second yes. When you promise in an accord to lower your global emmissions, you must use less pollutants. The most common pollutant is transportation. So you stop renewing drilling permits, which in turn lowers the supply of crude oil and raises the demand. Low supply and high demand causes high prices. High prices lead to less cruising by most people, which in turn means less pollution.
The trucking industry will also have to pass on the diesel prices to consumers to be able to stay afloat. So product prices may rise as a result of this climate accord.
So you R that stupid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.