Can you keep stock car subwoofer active after adding a new sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mikey698

CarAudio.com Newbie
Naples
I have a 2007 hummer h3 with a stock 8 inch monsoon audio system that I’m pretty sure has an amp that is 8 channel 2 to the tweeters, 4 to the doors and 2 more to the 8" stock sub
If I added a 12 inch kicker in a ported box with its own 500 watt rms amp, can I still keep that stock sub active ? Can i somehow tune the stock 8 inch sub to play mid-high bass in unison with the additional 12 inch kicker that Will play the low low bass ? Then have the doors speakers play high along with the tweeters? Im Going to take it to a shop to be installed either way . Just need to know if it’s possible.

I’d say you’ll be fine keeping it active. I doubt it puts out enough to cancel out any of the Kicker waves. I had a 06 Caddy that I left the 8” factory sub active and my aftermarket sub still sounded great. But I’m pretty sure you can’t adjust what frequencies it plays. Most factory amps I know of are permanently set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...