mattmcss
10+ year member

Shake that laffy taffy
Twin Cities
Not sure if this has been posted or its old news

http://www.stangsource.com/files.cgi?download=187

I love a nice trans am , as well as a smokin SVT cobra

But this guy is out of line ,

Comments ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/spank.gif.0d78e34d42ea8780359e903aeb6697d6.gif

trans ams arent pieces of ****. that guy didnt spend what he said he did. thats all i know. but it is funny how they wanna race him soooo bad. they are trying to get next to a chevy motored car. next they will want to be in one.

Mmmmmmmmmm I love cobras. And the guy with the TA is a dork. Man if he spends that kind of money on that car it should be running high 6's. You could do so much stuff with that kind of cash. And it's not even a ws6. And where the hell are the stereos........1 second is not worth no stereo!!!!

trans ams arent pieces of ****. that guy didnt spend what he said he did. thats all i know. but it is funny how they wanna race him soooo bad. they are trying to get next to a chevy motored car. next they will want to be in one.
I'm sorry but as an employee at a auto parts store you are quite wrong. F body GM products although fast, are complete peices of junk and should be destroyed. THe only thing chevy has ever made worth buying is the standard 350 with carbs.

One of my co-workers has a 3.4 liter camero and everything on the car except for the wiring and sensors is new. Everything.....And now his sensors are going out.

The LT1 is a horrificly designed motor. when the water pump goes out it takes ignition system with it. Why would any engineer mount a leak prone water pump above the ignition system on a vechile I do not know....

Maybe next year I can work for GM and help with the reliability department.....

I'm sorry but as an employee at a auto parts store you are quite wrong. F body GM products although fast, are complete peices of junk and should be destroyed. THe only thing chevy has ever made worth buying is the standard 350 with carbs.
One of my co-workers has a 3.4 liter camero and everything on the car except for the wiring and sensors is new. Everything.....And now his sensors are going out.

The LT1 is a horrificly designed motor. when the water pump goes out it takes ignition system with it. Why would any engineer mount a leak prone water pump above the ignition system on a vechile I do not know....

Maybe next year I can work for GM and help with the reliability department.....
analog //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif owned!!....lol

That Chris guy should have bought an LS1 TT kit for 10g, would have been a better investment..
That stang never would have touched him..

IMO
I beg to differ. Notice the nitrous tank in the trunk of the cobra?

I'll bet money his listed HP number is without that spray. I have a feeling it's a 250 hp shot. on top of the 650+ rwhp he's packin

it's not a vette

if it was a vette, he'd win.

vette is more aerodynamic, lighter, launches better, and is all around sexier.

my friend's dad owns cartek, they mod vettes, and hold the national record for 1/4 mile with a head/cam only vette. I think it was 11.27 if I remember correctly. That's head/cam ONLY, no power adders whatsoever, no increased compression, no modded fuel system. 670 hp on the dyno @8,000 rpm

to further add to my case for the mustang though, the cobra is over $10,000 less in base price. Swap for KB charger, throw an exhaust on there, pwn stock vette having spent the same amount of money. The dohc v8 in the cobra just loves forced induction, it eats up boost very efficiently.

oh, and to clarify, the head/cam vette had a full offroad exhaust.

the engine was untouched other than the head/cam mods, but the exhaust further squeezed more efficiency from that package.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mattmcss

10+ year member
Shake that laffy taffy
mattmcss
Twin Cities
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date