Can we get a list of all you box builders, there are so many!

While this construction looks outstanding, I cannot even begin to start with how poor some of the design work on a few of these is (the walls and rectangles I'm fine with) if I can put in my two cents. Just as an example, you never want to put correlated speakers (receiving the same signal at the same time) on planes 90 degrees opposed from one another unless they are to be dipole speakers out of phase, and in this case, they aren't. They also aren't going to be bipolar speakers either which would mean a 180 degree opposition or a 90 degree in phase opposition. All you're basically doing here is getting massive cancelling.
Ive heard boxes that are very similar to most of the ones posted such as the 12 sub with the 6 side tunnel thing, the center console box, the bandpasses, and the standard ported boxes.

The ones like the tunnel and the center console worked just fine.

For all those posting in here, I think that you should post additionally if you're particularly skilled with bandpass enclosures because more and more people are wanting them, and they are not in any way easy to design and build. The building...not so much, but you aren't allowed to just wing it like you can with most sealed or ported boxes; bandpass enclosures need to be designed and built to the letter. Personally, I haven't the faintest idea how to design a bandpass enclosure nor have I ever since I am a SQ guy and a BP isn't what you typically look for when going for something musical, but nonetheless, if you have extensive experience with BPs or any other type of special enclosure design or construction, I'd recommend saying so in here. It'd help a lot of people. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Bandpass enclosures are easy once you figure out how to tune them

it's all about adjusting the cavities....

one of them widens and narrows the response and the other will flatten or

increase the peakiness

maybee I'll throw one together in the new year

...and that's why you're considered one of the best builders on here, my friend. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have been building enclosures since 2001. Shipped to nearly every state, as well as Canada and the Carribean. I have build logs ALL over this site, as well as my own forum section over at SSA, if anyone is interested in seeing my work. Additional info can be found at http://www.FisherCustoms.com.
Quoted for effect. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have been building my own boxes for 6-7 years but I have started building speaker boxes to sell a couple of months ago. I have a complete millwork shop at my disposal I cut all my parts on the cnc machine. Takes me about 20 minutes to program and cut out my parts including kerfes for a kerfed port box. I buy grade A mdf in bulk so I get good prices on that as well. Also have a auto grade spray booth for painting and lacquer finishes if specified. My Companies primary focus is at very high end commercial millwork but I am doing this work on the side for some spending cash. I will try to post some pictures of my work soon.

-David

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.