Can someone tell me how this is supposed to sound? lol

Participant count
  • Participant list

g35chick
10+ year member

Okay... at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I'm asking anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif Two friends and I are trying to figure this out.

This song, Yelawolf Feat. Rittz - Box Chevy Pt 3 - YouTube , thumps really hard in all three of our systems. However, it sounds completely different... the bass line has 3 main notes, high, middle, low. In my car (10w3's, JL amp) and one of my friends cars (10w0's, Alpine amp) the highest note is quiet, middle note is louder, and low note is extremely loud. In my other friend's car (12" Kicker comps, Alpine amp), it's just the opposite. It has nothing to do with how the amps are tuned... but my box is slightly small for my subs so I wouldn't expect the low note to sound so loud. All are in sealed boxes. The Kicker subs are in a Kicker box, so size isn't an issue with those either.

What's it SUPPOSED to sound like, and what's the deal? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ponder.gif.ec2527b23f1d287b60dcbba54f95edba.gif

Why do you say it has nothing to do with how the amps are tuned? It sounds like his crossover points may be different from yours and your buddies with the W0's. But there are a lot of things that could affect what you're hearing.

Okay... at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I'm asking anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif Two friends and I are trying to figure this out.
This song, Yelawolf Feat. Rittz - Box Chevy Pt 3 - YouTube , thumps really hard in all three of our systems. However, it sounds completely different... the bass line has 3 main notes, high, middle, low. In my car (10w3's, JL amp) and one of my friends cars (10w0's, Alpine amp) the highest note is quiet, middle note is louder, and low note is extremely loud. In my other friend's car (12" Kicker comps, Alpine amp), it's just the opposite. It has nothing to do with how the amps are tuned... but my box is slightly small for my subs so I wouldn't expect the low note to sound so loud. All are in sealed boxes. The Kicker subs are in a Kicker box, so size isn't an issue with those either.

What's it SUPPOSED to sound like, and what's the deal? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ponder.gif.ec2527b23f1d287b60dcbba54f95edba.gif
I just played it real quick in my room on my logitech. So 180watts to a 10" sub. All notes were about equal. but the low was louder than high/mid. But not mind blowingly louder.

It should be how your box is tuned and then overall the tuning it creates in your car.

Otherwise the LPF or crossovers could be set poorly on you and your friends amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.