Can someone recommend an alarm and/or where to buy it?

Viper and Clifford would be my first two choices. With both companies, their mid to upper level products come with lifetime warranties when purchased at and installed by your local authorized dealer.

Just go in and check out your local car audio dealers and see what they offer in the way of alarms. Be sure to do some good online research first so you know what features you do and/or don't want, etc etc.

I just bought a viper 791xv and I am installing it this weekend, Viper and Clifford are my top choices when it comes to car security. Any alarm made by DEI should will be high quality.

I bought my viper alarm from a friend who bought it from someone he knows that works at best buy. I installed it my self. It took me like 3-4 hours to hook up most of the wires needed for it to work, another couple to complete everything.

since my car was broken into a couple weeks ago im also in the market for an alarm. the features i look for are ignition cutoff, glass sensor, trunk sensor, hood sensor, some type of horn or noise, and a pager to keep an eye on things. what alarm would be good for me? sorry for the thread jack im a lazy mofo.

Thats why I will be installing the alarm before I install anything in my new car, to prevent my stuff from being stolen since I am living in college dorms.

Viper and Clifford would be my first two choices. With both companies, their mid to upper level products come with lifetime warranties when purchased at and installed by your local authorized dealer.
Just go in and check out your local car audio dealers and see what they offer in the way of alarms. Be sure to do some good online research first so you know what features you do and/or don't want, etc etc.
X2

However I have a question to add. My 91 E34 has vacuum locks:eyebrow: and requires relays and actuators to add keyless unless someone has a good work around. The local dealers near me won't install it that way or seem skeptical that it would work, the protection is nice but I don't want to carry a fob if it doesn't unlock my doors.

I have an Ungo alarm, they are quite nice in my opinion. Just like the Viper and Cliffords Ungo's come with a lifetime warranty when they are installed by an authorized dealer. If you want two way, go with the S660, don't want two way, just get the S100, theres no point in the S400.

Definately recommend DEI- Viper,Python,Clifford. All are great products and come with a lifetime warranty as posted by Squeak. If bought online or "over-the counter" then of course no warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.