Connecting Sub RCA puts amp in protection mode

TopDog

Hi Folks,

Can someone please help.

I recently purchased a HiFonics Zeus 5ch amp zx8000 (yesterday)

Im running a Pioneer DEH-P7600MP HU

When the front and Rear RCA's are connected to the amp all is ok.

Front and rear speakers are working fine.

Here's the problem...

As soon as the Sub RCA's are connected (channel 5) the amp goes into protection mode.

The sub is a Rockford 10" punch is a sealed box - all was ok with my old amp.

Any Ideas? I checked all the leads for shorts and all is ok

When I remove the sub RCA's and reset the amp all is ok again.

Thanks for any help.

No, the amp goes into protect. I turn everything off - unplug the SUB RCA's turn everything back on and all is fine.

I have tried using different RCA leads and still get the same problem.

I had the same similar problem before and it was because one of my rca's was damaged and i didnt know until i took the silver piece off and saw one of the wires was cut. then it worked fine. then another time i had to replace my gauge wire running from my battery

Check to see if one of your rca's is damages and shorting out. Try replacing the RCA's and see if the problem is resolved.

Those 7600s are notorious for bad preouts. Teying another cd player. and see if it works then. I was installing two amps on ones of those HUs same thing happened to me. Mids and highs worked fine. Sub amp wouild go into protect.

Ok, I just switched RCA cable's with a brand new set. Same thing - I turn on the HU the system makes a thump noise and the amp goes into protect.

Again if I switch off remove the Sub RCA and switch back on the front and rears work fine.

Any more ideas? Thanks.

Ok, I just switched RCA cable's with a brand new set. Same thing - I turn on the HU the system makes a thump noise and the amp goes into protect.
Again if I switch off remove the Sub RCA and switch back on the front and rears work fine.

Any more ideas? Thanks.
Then this reply is probably what you should be focusing on:

Those 7600s are notorious for bad preouts. Teying another cd player. and see if it works then. I was installing two amps on ones of those HUs same thing happened to me. Mids and highs worked fine. Sub amp wouild go into protect.

Some people just do not know how to pick out certain key points, or they just do not see certain things. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Was there ever any recall for these units? Or anything of the sort that could possibly help this guy get a new unit or his current one fixed?

If you have a DMM you can use that and not worry about pulling all the wires up for no apperant reason. There was just a thread on it so if you search you should be able to find it. If you cant, let me know and I will find it for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.