can someone please help me with building a box for my single cab? a few questions to.

Participant count
  • Participant list

DieselFanatic
10+ year member

ok so i want to build a box my first attempt was pretty much a fail as i dont know what im doing when i t comes to it nor do i know how to build a box to any kind of specifications? not to say the box isnt actually pretty strong it was made out of chip board which i know i know doesnt carry sound waves well and project bass well i pretty much built it out of boardom and to see if i could do it tho. NOW im getting more serious. i want to build a box for 2 10" Audio Q street duty sub woofers i really like the sound of 2 10" subs over a single 12 being they seem to have a crisper sound faster response and just sounds less sloppy. would you even recommenced 2 subs for the air space i have being a single cab truck? my amps will have to go in my camper shell there is no way around it. i think i want to make an adjustable port i think it can dump out below the seat or would that be a bad place to have vent? the thing is i have no idea how to build anything to what size its suppose to be or how to even really make a box the way they are suppose to be made. my dad is a general contractor so i have access to any tool ill need including air compressors nail guns drills skill saws jig saws levels squares tape measures table saws to name a few. anyway rag on me if you will here is my first box (attempt) i built out of messing around just so you can get an idea of about how big (or small) the box can be the one in the pic is the biggest i have to work with tho i guess i could go taller? ohh be sure to make fun of the "ports" too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

IMG_0680.jpg

uhhh... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Use MDF or birch for you box....and use this site to help you design it.

RE Enclosure Calculator

As for box size, per 10" will need about 1.2-1.7cuft and for a 12" you'd need 1.7-2.5cuft

Two 10" subs wont sound any better than a 12" no matter what anyone has told you...they will just sound louder due to more cone area.

I would post more info..but your paragraph is pissing me off...

right i know that box is TOTALLY trash im not gonna use it like i said it was for fun i had the stuff lying around wanted to do get a general idea. also i found this image floating around and was thinking hmm maybe if i build 2 twin boxes or one box with the same thing on the other side mirrored
05-1.png

uhhh... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Use MDF or birch for you box....and use this site to help you design it.

RE Enclosure Calculator

As for box size, per 10" will need about 1.2-1.7cuft and for a 12" you'd need 1.7-2.5cuft

Two 10" subs wont sound any better than a 12" no matter what anyone has told you...they will just sound louder due to more cone area.

I would post more info..but your paragraph is pissing me off...

yeah cool thanks that helped i have enough space for 2 10's. also if i had to go with 1 frequency that really hits low would 32 be a good one to go with?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.