Can someone design a box for me? I will pay!!

steele6794
10+ year member

Boston
Its been a long time since Ive designed a ported box and I really don't have the time to relearn everything I forgot. So, If it is even possible, I would like someone to design a ported box (Round port preferred) and I will pay you whatever you think the design is worth.

I do not have alot of room to work with and I included the dimensions of the sealed box I built and am using now with my DC LVL. 3 12"

The only dimensions that can be changed is the length of the box and would like to stay around 22" or 23" but can go a little longer if necessary.

Subs I would like to use are the FI SSD NEO Q 10" which is my first choice or the FI SSD 10" which is my second choice.

Definitely want it tuned more toward SQ and I listen to mostly rock, pop, techno if that matters.

If you need any more info let me know.

View attachment 26557277

It is an F350 crew cab.

Box now is in back seat directly behind center console. That is also the reason for the shape I need the box to be because otherwise I could not flip the console arm rest thing in the front seat up like I need to do sometimes when I have three people in the front seat. It is similar to this one but the sub is rear firing and obviously flat at the rear.

View attachment 26557278

Lift the back seat 3" with C channel steel.

You can get a healthy size box and save room and still comfortably seat people. A buddy if mine two 10" re audio Non vented subs reverse mounted

the box was lifted up to the seats and the sub magnets on floor . He ran some external pvc ports out the back of the box at 90degree angles along the back cab wall.

Pretty genious build for space

Its been a long time since Ive designed a ported box and I really don't have the time to relearn everything I forgot. So, If it is even possible, I would like someone to design a ported box (Round port preferred) and I will pay you whatever you think the design is worth.
I do not have alot of room to work with and I included the dimensions of the sealed box I built and am using now with my DC LVL. 3 12"

The only dimensions that can be changed is the length of the box and would like to stay around 22" or 23" but can go a little longer if necessary.

Subs I would like to use are the FI SSD NEO Q 10" which is my first choice or the FI SSD 10" which is my second choice.

Definitely want it tuned more toward SQ and I listen to mostly rock, pop, techno if that matters.

If you need any more info let me know.

View attachment 26557277
Are you sure those dimensions will work?.. rear firing, does it need something to stand it away from the seats?

Ssd 10?

TD0PQb.jpg

Will that work?

Are you sure those dimensions will work?.. rear firing, does it need something to stand it away from the seats?
Ssd 10?

TD0PQb.jpg

Will that work?
Yes, that box should work perfectly because it is the same dimensions as what I am using now for my sealed box. What is the length of the one you made? Looks beautiful. If you want to PM the plans and the size of the port I need I will send you whatever you charge via PayPal if that's ok?

I'm guessing you couldn't get the ssd neo to fit? The depth of that sub looked like it would cause a problem with trying to fit the port behind it.

Yes, that box should work perfectly because it is the same dimensions as what I am using now for my sealed box. What is the length of the one you made? Looks beautiful. If you want to PM the plans and the size of the port I need I will send you whatever you charge via PayPal if that's ok?
It's 22" long... and I don't charge... tomorrow I'll expand it and dimension the panels... pm me your email and ill send it over then... my pp is my email so any donations appreciated but not necessary... are the .75" standoffs on the baffle gonna be an issue?

Glad to assist... just email me some pics of the box being assembled and once installed please.

I'm sorry... I had the driver in my database already and I whipped it up and knocked it out quick-like.

And the port IS offset so it could fit possibly, I will look tomorrow.

It's 22" long... and I don't charge... tomorrow I'll expand it and dimension the panels... pm me your email and ill send it over then... my pp is my email so any donations appreciated but not necessary... are the .75" standoffs on the baffle gonna be an issue?
Glad to assist... just email me some pics of the box being assembled and once installed please.

I'm sorry... I had the driver in my database already and I whipped it up and knocked it out quick-like.

And the port IS offset so it could fit possibly, I will look tomorrow.
No, those standoffs won't be a problem, as my box sits now I have about 2-1/2" to 3" of room between my sub and seat.

You think the SSD is a decent sub for my application? Anything you think would be better for around $400?

$400.... for a single 10" sub? That's gonna leave you with lotsa choices. That Ssd is a nice driver, like every Fi sub... I'll leave specific driver choice to others as I'm really just an enthusiast/50 year old basshead... the goals are sq? I tried to tune accordingly but idk really what your looking for.

I'd go with this one and power it well, 1.2-1.5k and the rest of the install should be the determining factor.

$400.... for a single 10" sub? That's gonna leave you with lotsa choices. That Ssd is a nice driver, like every Fi sub... I'll leave specific driver choice to others as I'm really just an enthusiast/50 year old basshead... the goals are sq? I tried to tune accordingly but idk really what your looking for. I'd go with this one and power it well, 1.2-1.5k and the rest of the install should be the determining factor.
It's cliche but I am looking for a little more output than my DC 12" but still want it to sound good. I don't listen to much bass heavy music but a lot of rock so j need some detail for the bassline and I also listen to fast, punchy electronica. So, yeah, I definitely would rather have you tune the box more towards SQ than SPL. And I know it's only a single 10 ha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.