Foam weather stripping or neoprene rubber stripping "Seal blow thru enclosure "

Participant count
  • Participant list
View attachment 26557275View attachment 26557275New 13 layer birch Box is done for bed blow thru .

Built the box and a trim ring encasement from 2 by to not only secure the box flush to the accordian boot but to secure box tight to the bed wall.

My idea was to weather strip 1" or 2"around the 2.5" trim ring i made so it fills in any small voids as we all know some accordian boot and cab designs arent flat as its pulled tight with some small lag bolts I'm going to drill out for.

What type of weather stripping is dense but won't end up brittle , I know It needs to be 1 -2" thick preferably as its gonna smash as I draw in on the Box trim ring .

This is for anyone who's played with a blow thru set up

My box is inset into cab flush with interior back panel.

Have zero experience with that but I'd do a couple tubes of windshield urethane. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif

Thanks it has a tune around f3 at 34hz

6ft total 1.25per sub.

It's also built to enclose other driver options other then the sa 10s.

I can actually run sundown x 10s or xfls..maybe more .

I just got it in the cab and secured with 1"x1" neoprene weather stripping and Four 1/2" lag bolts drawing it sealed to the cab.

I'm just debating on drivers at this point initially sa 10s just wondering if I should shoot for AB Xfls

Im close to Considering sound deadening back side of interior door panels for Experimental purposes on top of the fact the inner and outer skins are already done along with roof back cab wall , pillars, and floor board.

I should see some decent DB'S the box is spot on !

Wolfram 3000.1

Alternator upgrade and two yellow tops in bed

Pioneer nex HU

Hertz mpk components

SOUNDSTREAM TN 4.900

Kilmat 80mil deadener through out cab some areas double layered ....been at this off and on since roughly December ambition will drive you to actually continue projects in the dead of winter .

On top of the Sound build I threw in new carpet and headliner.

3/4 Static drop kit 20" wheels and new lights all 4 corners

Next is a second set of 3 way components and a custom center council. Possibly iPad install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.