Can someone build me a box, sort of

Participant count
  • Participant list

hemiscott
10+ year member

No Mo Hemi
Hey guys, I am looking for someone to just cut all the wood, for me. I can assemble it myself. I don't have all the equip. here to cut it, myself. My table saw is pos, No guides and it is too small for a full sheet, I could do it but, i want it perfect and that really is not going to happen and i don't want to use a circular saw, lol .. I would like to find someone local, maybe ? Or if you are not too far away, shipping might work. I was going to have fisher build the whole box but, i spent too much money on wire and acc. so now i am in a pickle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . Help me.

This is exactly the box i need, http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=42&Eh=21&Dia=9&Xmax=21&Vd=0.18&NumW=1&Vb=4&Fb=34&Qts=.40&Vas=&Fs=34.5&CE=1.5

I also need the baffle cut for a 15" Fi BL. I will check later and see exactly, i think it is a little over 14"..

Duh, i forgot to mention 3/4 mdf will work, maybe a 1" baffle ( Not really sure about that, though). Also, please, give me a price.

Thanks.

Glad to see you considered me for the build.

Ive actually done some work where I just cut the panels and ship them out. If you cant find someone local to do it, Id be more than happy to do it. Just let me know.

Glad to see you considered me for the build.Ive actually done some work where I just cut the panels and ship them out. If you cant find someone local to do it, Id be more than happy to do it. Just let me know.
No problem.. You do great work, from what i have seen.

Can you pm me a price shipped ? I think the shipping is going to kill me, though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif . Thanks

No problem.. You do great work, from what i have seen.
Can you pm me a price shipped ? I think the shipping is going to kill me, though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif . Thanks
Not to undermine BJ at all, but try going to home-depot, slip the guy a $20 and ask him to do it up right...

Not to undermine BJ at all, but try going to home-depot, slip the guy a $20 and ask him to do it up right...
No offense to anyone that works at home depot but, i think, i would do it with my crappy tools before i would go there..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Thanks for helping, i definitely appreciate it .

No offense to anyone that works at home depot but, i think, i would do it with my crappy tools before i would go there..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Thanks for helping, i definitely appreciate it .
Well, I could cut them myself for ya but all I have ATM is a circular saw and I'd rather get my table-saw back in order before I start building...

Well, I could cut them myself for ya but all I have ATM is a circular saw and I'd rather get my table-saw back in order before I start building...
Ya, i hear ya.. I use my table saw for wood flooring and i lost the guides a long time ago, don't need them for flooring. Not to mention all the adhesive all over it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Thanks.

Where is some good info to work it on paper? Lol im still trying to get the concept on how to work the port size and all that out, and I've tryed working with WiniSD and nothing is really coming to me?

Sorry to go off subject of your topic

Where is some good info to work it on paper? Lol im still trying to get the concept on how to work the port size and all that out, and I've tryed working with WiniSD and nothing is really coming to me?
Sorry to go off subject of your topic
No problem man..

I am trying to figure out why none of these calculators are accurate. If its just math, how come nobody has made a good one ?

When using winISD, find the box volume you want, based on driver parameters and the estimated response curve and output that you want, then determine how much port area (I.E. Diameter of round port, or width and height of your square port) by asking members here. They usually wont be flamers about that question. Then, put that into the port size of ISD, then when you put in the desired tuning frequency, it should tell you how long the port needs to be. It sounds long, but it takes seconds.

Once you have all that done, get some graph paper, and blueprint the box out. Take into account the size of materials youre going to use, so you come out with the correct volume, and design the dimensions accordingly.

Youre welcome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.