box question

Participant count
  • Participant list

btlking
10+ year member

Uranus
ok so i just built a box for a 12" napalm i built it to 4.5 cubes and 30hz but now the subs sound almost free air. i think it is to big is it possible to put something in the box to reduce the air inside? or would this mess with the tuning?

if you made the box smaller on the inside and kept the port the same size then it would tune it higher. you could also make your port smaller by adding pieces of wood to the inside of the port wall thats there already

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'm trying to do 4 18 inch resilient sound platinums in a cpillar flat wall .4 to 5 cubes per was told they like 12 to 16 inches per cube . I have...
Yeah I'm in a circle right now too. I'm going to use 3/4" birch so I don't want to build it twice, stuff ain't cheap.
Emphasis added. The answer is, because you can also see DCR at other frequencies and because low impedance is extremely torturous on...
Common chambered sealed or ported is fine. Just make sure you have sufficient bracing
I played with the current setup I have and it's a sub port same side box. Seemed cleaner up but hit way harder faced back. I didn't know how much...

About this thread

btlking

10+ year member
btlking
Uranus
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from