Can my car handle this system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jmw703
10+ year member

I'm going to be installing my brz1200.d. Amp into my 2008 Mazda 3 soon, I had some questions about the electrical.

I don't want to have any light dimming or anything I just want to know if my car could run this amp as well as another 4 channel amp without problems

4 gauge power and ground for amp

Upgraded battery

Will run at either 900@ 2 ohm or 1200 @ 1 ohm with the gained turned down a bit ( sub would be 900rms , what would be better ?)

stock alt is 90 amp I think.

In the future I would add a 200 watt 4 channel amp

Do I need big 3 or anything or could my car handle this

big 3 is always good to do. Set your gain with a dmm not just turned to where you think it should be. Also that amp will probably not do rated. You may have some dimming you never know...

I know how to set my gains.

And I know it's overrated but not by much.

I just want to know what I can get away with before I start to see problems

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.