Can my 12" SX get more output by building a better box than this?

Basshead808
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys I just wanted to know if my Resonant Engineering 12" SX can get louder and deeper than this ported box plan my sub is in right now=

12xxxbox8yq.jpg

My 12 is running on an Orion 1200D using 4G power wires and 8G as the subwoofer wires. I don't know. Well the sub sounds pretty loud but I know this sub can shine in the right built ported box.. =)

Hey guys I just wanted to know if my Resonant Engineering 12" SX can get louder and deeper than this ported box plan my sub is in right now=
12xxxbox8yq.jpg

My 12 is running on an Orion 1200D using 4G power wires and 8G as the subwoofer wires. I don't know. Well the sub sounds pretty loud but I know this sub can shine in the right built ported box.. =)

Where did u get this info from

Hey thanks for the input guys. Um yeah it is a box spec for a JL Audio 12" W7. I always thought this box was 3.1cu ft by using the LXWXD/1728 formula but I guess not I had a feeling this ported box was too small it does not get low but it sure is f loud. it hit a 144.3 dash legal playing lil jon throw it up. the mic was a mic from audio authority. My electrical system is great SAG um.. My stock battery died long time back but after I did the big three and put an Optima redtop under the hood the system plays louder and cleaner.

y dont u try this

have the sub in 2 cubes ported tuned to 30hz with a 30square inch port-..playing into a 2 cube ported area tuned to 70hz....with a 50 square inch port

u will get really loud with that box....off that amp..i tried this already..and it gets really uncomfortable in a sedan

80, don't recommend a bandpass to him (6th order at that). If he doesn't understand the plan in the first place, chances are good that he won't beable to understand the design of a BP.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.