can it be too big?

Participant count
  • Participant list

chinxtaboi
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
tx
can a sealed enclosure be too big???

im runnin 2 12" kicker compvrs... buildn a new custom box (20x14x14) per chamber leaves an internal vol of 2.27 cu ft. per chamber..... is that too big fo my subs???

is there and audible difference between a smaller sealed box compared to a bigger one??

thanks for any input

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i'm not exactly sure if it can be "too big" i'm guessing to and extremem it obviously would be. the only difference with sealed boxes is that the bigger you make them the lower your subs will hit. i've found that in my experience if you want a 12" to hit the full range it is supposed to to build it exactly to the manufacturers specs. you can however chance the frequency put out by your box by changing the size a little. make the box bigger for lower frequencies and smaller for higher. thats about all i got

yes, you get a deeper reasponse as you increase the box size to the max recomended size. Exceeding that cause less pressure on the cone and what many people describe as a "sloppy" sounding sub. as for those specific subs, that size it probably a bit to large to a sealed box, you could try porting them because the subs require more air space in ported enclosures.

heh, whoops, sorry dawg...

hiows this for some new info...

it becomes "IB" when the back wave produced byt he driver is allowed to grow to the poin that it can collide with and interfere with teh front wave...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif :crazy: what the heck was I thinking, lol. Goddammit, I know tha ttoo.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.