Can I wire three 10's like this? (need help ASAP)

Participant count
  • Participant list
go +from amp to + on all subs

go -from amp to - on all subs

=

2.67ohms at the amp make sure its 2 ohm stable amp

thoughs 3 subs wired in parallel will be 2.67ohms at the amp bro

fuse depends on gauge of your power lead and the current draw to amp, i would have 4g lead with atleast a 100amp fuse.

btw someone lied to you cuz that amp is 50watts @4ohms and 100watts @2ohms

bridge it to 1 channel and run it parallel to amp that will be 100watts@2ohms

Ummmmm actually you could......3 in series is 24 ohms....divided in half means the amp will see 12 ohms.
i no you COULD but he dosent need to do that, he has a little front stage amp he is trying to run 3 subs off of, he is already gonna wind up blowing his amp lol...

Yes, I have amp and subs. Just want this to work somehow.

What's DCR? The amp will also do 100W @ 8 ohms bridged.

DCR is what your subs will measure, not moving......once amp is fired up and subs are moving, you will get what is called box rise. the impedance rises due to various factors. A 2.xx dcr will rise to over 4 making it safe for your amp.

I have pondered this and think I came up with a solution that works.

What if I run the amp in stereo and run one channel to two (2) subs in parallel, and then the other one through the remaining channel. This would effectively be 4 ohms, right? I know the load will be different between the two channels, but that's no biggie? Can I adjust the gain between the two?

There's not much point in trying to run 3 subs off of ~100 watts. You really should look into getting a ~500-1500 watt class D mono amp, or if you want great SQ, stick with one of the larger class A/B amps that can be bridged to 2 ohms stable.

Its always better to have too much power than too little. Having extra power on tap is good for headroom and also keeps you from taxing your amp by running it full power all the time.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.