another big 3 issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

tdford5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ohio
going to do the big 3 on my hhr but a couple issues come into play , factory battery is located in the trunk my wire the is bolted on the alt runs down to the starter then splits off up to the under the hood fuse box where there is a jump start point then splits again and i imagine from there goese to the trunk where the battery is located ive search and found no big 3 which battery location is in the trunk and should i run double inline fuses if so where any help is appreciate thanks

So what you would need to do with whatever sized wire you are using:

Ground bat to frame in rear

ground engine block to frame in front

run a single run from alt positive straight from alt to battery

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

What I would do:

run pos to rear battery

run alt bracket to rear bat negative

ground alt bracket to frame

ground battery to frame.

So what I would do is do 2 runs of 0 gauge to the rear, 1 from alt + to batt +. The other alt bracket to batt -.

Ground battery to frame in rear.

Ground alt to frame in front.

ok thanks buck i know the battery is ground to the chassis in the trunks already so just need to ground the alt to the chassis in the front ,ok so im running stock 110 amp alt what size fusing would u recommend ? what the advantage of running ground from alt bracket to the batt in the rear?

man I love the easy wiring I had becuz of the short run from bat to my amp I'm goin to hate the

big 3 thou arghhh...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.