Can I permately damage my battery by...?

CJohnson85
10+ year member

leaving my head lights on during school for 7 hours?

Now my subs hit for only a minute or so, and then the bass cuts out COMPLETELY and I can't bump anymore.

It's really frustrating and I charged my battery, and the charger meter points to 0 like it's done charging, but when I start my car, I can only bump for about a minute

If you know the problem, help would by greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh, and by the way I have a newer car. It's an 04 Mustang GT with not a lot of miles. Could the battery be bad already?

If it's the stock battery, yeah, that could have killed it.

Regular lead acid batteries aren't designed for deep discharge and recharge cycles...hence the need for a "deep cycle" battery //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Lead acids do some nasty stuff when pushed too far...

is it a stock battery and if it is just get a new better batt....and if you want to keep the battery that you have in there now, let it charge up, and drive a few days without the music blazing

If I drive a few days without bumping my music, then I'll be able to bump fine after that?

Yes, its a stock battery and the charger said it was charged(meter pointed to 0). Does that mean my battery is fine and something else is wrong with the amp cutting off and no bass?

Only thing you can do is try. Do you have a DMM to check the voltage coming out of it? You should get a deep cycle battery so that something like this can't happen again. I am going to put a marine battery in mine (if I can find one that fits)

batter is trashed, if you have warranty on the battery then go get a new one, if not go get a good battery. Look into a deep cycle so that doenst happen agian. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Happened to me as well. My battery wouln't hold a charge at all. I had to get a jump everyday. A new battery was the key. I went to Kmart and bought a $90 Diehard battery, and I havn't had a problem since.

I discharged a standard car battery down to about 4 volts... oops...

it was near new at the time aswell...

its not working all that well anymore, but it still starts the sh!tbox I put it in... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.