Can i convert 4" speaker hole in the front to 6.5" from the back?

Participant count
  • Participant list

venom107
10+ year member

The Graveyard Shift
I want to put my 6.5 JL Audios in the front holes in my car. The problem is the front will only accept 4" speakers or maybe slightly bigger. Has anyone had experience in widening the speaker holes in the front? Much help would be appreciated. And for all those that read my post about Rangerman Im sorry I was wrong in posting all about that subject my gains were set too high and that caused the sub to heat up and move way too much. so all in all we were all right.

Originally posted by venom107 I want to put my 6.5 JL Audios in the front holes in my car. The problem is the front will only accept 4" speakers or maybe slightly bigger. Has anyone had experience in widening the speaker holes in the front? Much help would be appreciated. And for all those that read my post about Rangerman Im sorry I was wrong in posting all about that subject my gains were set too high and that caused the sub to heat up and move way too much. so all in all we were all right.
Did I read it???

What kind of car ? And where are the front speakers located ? If they are in the doors check and see if you have enough area to widen the hole and still be able to mount the speaker. And also check for clearance inside the door. Make sure the magnet and basket don't interfere with the windows or locks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I took out the front speakers last night and in order to put the 6.5 speakers I wont have to widen the hole but I do have to make some modifications to make the magnet fit. It only has 1.8 inchs in the back and I need like 2.44inches. Studpid bracing bar for the door gets in the way. I dont think im gonna go to the trouble of modifing it unless someone else can suggest a way to get them to fit.

Ahh..... so you need more depth. Simple my child //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Make yourself some MDF spacer rings. Cut your rings a little larger than the speaker itself so you have something to mount it to. Cut your whole for your speaker in the rings. Then mount the ring to the door. Then attach the speaker to your mounting ring . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.