Can I connect a subwoofer to satellite speakers?

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 2, 2019
I have a Logitech Z523 at the moment and would like to upgrade the sub-woofer to something better, or more powerful. I am looking to get a Polk Audio PSW10, but I don't know if I could connect it to my satellite speakers. If Its possible, I know that I'd have to do some soldering. I was just wondering, would it overpower the satellite speakers, or would they only use as much power as they need?

Last edited by a moderator:

youdoofus

Skibidi
Dec 13, 2014
planet earth
I have a Logitech Z523 at the moment and would like to upgrade the sub-woofer to something better, or more powerful. I am looking to get a Polk Audio PSW10, but I don't know if I could connect it to my satellite speakers. If Its possible, I know that I'd have to do some soldering. I was just wondering, would it overpower the satellite speakers, or would they only use as much power as they need?
the upgraded sup will not have an amplifier in it to power the satellite speakers. If youre getting a new sub, youre going to want some bookshelf speakers or something like that or even a pair of powered studio monitors which can be found on the cheap used on your local facebook garage sale/rummage sites. I got one pair of B&W 6.5 2 ways from a pawn shop for $120 and another pair on ebay for around the same. Look for some KRK monitors to go along with your new sub and be prepared to be astonished. My B&Ws would blow you away on my Denon receiver

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds